April 27, 2008

Ambushed by Two Little Monkeys

Hey, this is Ryan with my first ever post on our blog. So there I was sleeping on a warm, lazy Sundy afternoon, when I was ambushed out of the blue by two little hairless howler monkeys! The littlest one popped up out of nowhere and crawled on my face. I was like Whoah! and she was like Wussup now, fool! I gritted my teeth as her diapered bottom scooted across my forehead. Suddenly, the larger monkey leapt from a hidden perch and landed right on my stomach! This one tickled me until I just about passed out. If it wasn't for a sudden flash of light from a camera, I would have been a goner!

Ok, so maybe things didn't happen quite like I described above, but it sure felt like it as I was jarred awake from my Sunday slumber. It's fun having kids that are so rambunctious and fun to play with. Sometimes I wonder how I could have been so happy before I had them. It's strange to think that I didn't have them just three short years ago. Well, maybe having a full diaper pressed up against your face isn't your idea of having a good time, but trust me, it is strangely fun to those of us with kids.

3 comments:

Cristi said...

Ryan, you're an awesome dad!

Family said...

Ryan and Christy,
I just love reading your blog...go to it everyday to see what is new at the hodges' house. You two make being young and parents seem so fun and exciting as it should be. Thanks for sharing your lives with all of us...
Love ya all,
MOM C

Tammy said...

What goes around comes around... Ryan you are such an awesome Dad and I am very proud of you. Being a good parent is so important. Your Dad was really good to play with you and your brothers also. Love, Mom