January 1, 2015

New Year's Sleigh Day

On New Years Day a big group of us from the ward got together and went sledding. We had such a great time! We built a fire pit and roasted hot dogs and had hot chocolate. The families that came were the Adams, Finch's, Hunter's, Bairds', Rees's, and Kings.

Within the first 5 minutes we were there Avery was walking across the snow with her sled and someone was coming down the hill and slammed into her. Her feet went up in the air and she landed on her shoulder/head! It was so freaky and I panicked and ran for her. She was crying but luckily she was ok, just shaken up a bit. I think it knock the wind out of her. Poor thing! She was a little hesitant to sled after that I think. 

We were so surprised by Madisen! She would come barreling down the hill so fast I seriously thought she was going to crash and break something. But she didn't. She remained in control(how? I don't know!) of the sled the whole way down everytime she went. I'll admit I was scared for her life and I closed my eyes several times. She would just laugh and laugh. Everyone kept saying, for a quiet girl she sure has a daring side! I had no idea! Her friend, Hannah Baird came too. Madison is 2 years older, but Hannah's very tall for her age and has a good 2 inches on Madisen! :)

It's hard to tell in the pictures but the hill was steeper than it looks. I only went down one time. I really like sledding, but it doesn't like me...Having 4 kids is rough on the old bladder! ;) haha. 































No comments: