May 9, 2013

Big Day for a Special Girl

This past weekend we had lots of family in town! It was great spending time with them. Dad and Trudy got in on Thursday night and we spent Friday with them visiting Shoshone Falls and going to an art museum. Emily and Madisen had school so it was just Avery who got to come and be with us. 


Beautiful view!



Aunt Wendy and Uncle Jerry came over from Pocatello to spend the night with us. We played lots of games, ate lots of food and hung out laughing till late at night.


The girls also read books to grandma and grandpa.



The morning of the baptism

Dressed in white, all ready to go!

Taken right before the program.




Madisen looked beautiful. It was her and 5 other kids that were getting baptized. A boy named Ethan from our ward along with 4 others fromthe stake. All the kids that were getting baptized were asked to come up and sing, "I am a Child Of God." They also did a spot-light on each one of them.

 Madisen was a foot-shorter than all the others, but she was by far the cutest kid up there! (Ok, so I might be a little bias!) The talk was given by Chris Jolly from our ward. And then President Walker shared a message and I thought both were excellent. The spirit was very strong and I hope others, especially Madisen, felt that same sweet spirit I did. After she was baptized my dad was asked to bare his testimony along with the other boy's grandpa from our ward and then both Madisen and Ethan were confirmed. Madisen was blessed with empathy for others and a desire to serve and always choose the right. It was a 
beautiful blessing. 

After the confirmations we headed over with family and friends to our church building for a luncheon and pictures!



 Madisen after being baptized, with two of her friends from the ward. Both of these girls are actually Avery's age but they both play with Madisen more. Macy, the one in the black dress is a week younger than Avery but went to Kindergarten this year. 



My sister took these next pictures of us and Madisen. I think they turned out cute! However, I wish I would have just taken the slip off that Madisen was wearing, as it kept poking out. But I knew that without it the dress might be itchy in spots. Oh well!

I love the back of her dress. Her favorite color is yellow and it looks perfect on her.




Me and my big Brother

Baby Audrey!







Who's the goofy kid?




Bishop and his wife, Debbie who has become the girls adopted grandma

Grandma Graf made this incredible book for Madisen for her Birthday/Baptism. 


My mom and Emily


Aunt Celeste made this sign for Madisen. So creative and such a great idea!


Avery kept stealing Grandpa Hodges glasses and wearing them around. 
She looks like a genius!



 Saturday night, we all were tuckered out, and went to have dinner at Sakura. A place where they make the meal right in front of you. It was pretty cool. Madisen and Avery freaked out and hid behind the chairs but Emily was "awe-ing", and "ooooh-ing" the whole time, just intrigued with the chef and what he was doing.





We had such a great weekend with everyone and were so glad our family could come out and be with us during this special day. 

3 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

What a fun weekend!! Congrats Madi- She looked so cute in her dress, and I also love the yellow! So bright and fun!!

Cristi said...

Thank you so much for the baptism invite! So sorry we couldn't be there! I'm glad it was a special, beautiful day!

Tammy said...

Being a part of Madisen's Baptism weekend was so wonderful. I thought that the talks were very good and the Spirit was strong. I am so proud of Madisen for making the choice to be Baptised. She looked so beautiful in the dress that you made from your Wedding dress. I think everything was perfect. I can't believe how fast your girls are growing!