February 28, 2013

Spa Night

For our Young Women's activity last night we had a spa night! It was heavenly! I love being in Young Women's with these girls and working with a great friend of mine, Chelsea Hansen. And when Ryan was called into the Bishopric, I was scared to lose my calling as Ryan would need to be with the young men as well, so how could we both go with our kids. So I begged Bishop to let me stay in Young Womens, it was not too hard to convince him however, as he knew how much I loved my calling (I tell him every week) and because of his sweet wife, Debbie, who volunteered to come over and watch our kids every Wednesday night so Ryan and I could both attend mutual. SO grateful for her in allowing me to keep my calling. I would have cried for months if I couldn't be with my Beehives! They are amazing girls. They know far more than I did at their age. They are so strong in the gospel and several of them go to the temple once a week at 4:30 in the morning! It's quite inspiring. They make me want to be a better person all the time.

These young girls also remind me of how strong my own girls are. Madisen, Avery and Emily are so compassionate and so strong in their testimonies even at this young age. They are constantly sticking up for the right at school, at the store, anywhere we go. They stand up for truth and righteousness, and as a mom that is a little intimidating raising kids that are better than myself. When Madisen prays, she prays a lot of time that she will be obedient and listen to her parents. That she will choose the right and always be kind to others. She prays to learn the gospel and be a good person. She prays and thanks Heavenly Father for so many things and really thinks about things with a sincere heart. 

When I was her age, I am pretty sure my prayers were not as heart-felt. I am pretty sure I just wanted to say the fastest prayer possible so I could eat, not caring what I said. 

One of the most important ways we can have humility was taught by Jesus Christ:
"And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, and said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 
"Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven" (Matt 18:2-4).


The Lord really held onto these valiant spirits for last because they are so spiritually strong!!!

Anyway enough of my ramblings here are some fun pictures from our spa night!


Lauren and Hailey

Chelsea and Michelle

me being a dork, like usual!


Anna and Emma



work it Tessa!

Anna and Zoey

1 comment:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

What a fun idea!!! I may have to borrow that :)- What an amazing and supportive ward!!