January 17, 2013

Sledding


On New Year's Day we went out sledding down the hill at Perrine Elementary School. We went with our friends and neighbors the Clark's. We didn't get many pictures but it was a memorable day with lots of laughs and screams! There was one time I went down with Emily and we were going so fast we hit the fence at the bottom and my boot went through the bottom of the fence along with my leg! I was stuck with the fence all the way up my thigh. Luckily some sweet 10 year old boys came sledding close by that I ask them for help and got my leg out. Thank you boys! 


The girls loved going down with Dad and didn't want to go with Mom as much. Sad face! :( I am just not as fun as Dad I guess! 

Madisen and Emily were almost fearless, while Avery was more hesitant this time, as they would zip down the hill all by themselves, nearly giving me a heart attack each time. I felt like a terrible mom for just letting my 3 year old bolt down the hill unattended, while I hold my breath and then gasp with each bump she hit thinking that will be her last! But they came away with only minor bumps and bruises. Successful sledding trip!



No comments: