January 8, 2013

Happy New Year!!

Our last day of 2012 the girls and I spent a few hours of the day playing in the snow together. I had so much fun and was laughing so hard with them I nearly peed my pants a few times! The girls were all on a team against me in a snowball fight. It was the perfect day and the perfect way to end the year. 


We couldn't find Emily and Avery's snow pants (until days later), but they didn't seem to mind at all)












 Madisen getting a snowball ready to throw at ME! AHH!
You better RUN!





2013 is here!! 
I made a few goals and resolutions this year. I usually don't wait till New Years to do it, I just start goals whenever, but this year I made some goals and I plan on sticking to them.  I thought I would share them this year and what I am doing to achieve them. I am working on a few spiritual goals, physical goals, emotional goals and also a few year long projects. 

-Read D&C (reading every day)

-Go to the temple at least once a month or more. (I am in the processes of setting up date nights with 2 other couples in our ward this month. We all take turns watching all the kids once, and we all get two nights a month to go out. So we will get to the temple more...so excited!)

- Lose 10 pounds and get more active (we just bought a new treadmill last night! More on THAT later).

-Embrace my 30's and my wrinkles. ( Being 30 is GREAT...but I am still working on the wrinkle thing. haha!)

- Be more positive and happy and grateful (Serving makes me happy and being around people that are positive and grateful reminds me to be more like that too.)

-To laugh more with my kids and let things go that are not that important. (Dancing and singing in the kitchen,  yesterday- playing don't let the balloon touch the ground games, just being more spontaneous with them everyday).

 -Blog and write in my journal more (Just using my time better and making it a priority every week. It's always been important to me to journal my kids lives because they love looking at pictures and seeing videos of themselves and letters that I wrote to them.)

-Saving more and being more thrifty this year. (Reading, The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. Looking at ads and cutting coupons and just being more aware of prices and how I spend. Work on freezer meals)

-Start and get up to date on all the girls baby books and scrapbooks. (I have already looked through thousands of pictures and have uploaded and ordered 300 hundred pictures from Wal-mart to scrapbook and journal. They are on their way!)

-Work on and Finish sewing projects. (I am making the girls barbies dresses for their barbies. I would also like to learn how to make my girls dresses too.)


Those are my resolutions! I am really excited this year to be doing them and starting many of them already. This is going to be a great year and I excited for all the fun things coming up this year for our family.



2 comments:

Cristi said...

Great job, Christy! :) You can do it!

Pattie D said...

If you are making Barbie dresses you can make little girl dresses!