September 22, 2012

Cousins


My kids have 2 cousins. 

That's it. 

Just 2.

2 for now....

I am not complaining, really. It's just different from how I grew up. I'll be honest that it does make me a little sad however, as I loved having so many cousins. I grew up with 14 cousins on my mom's side and 25 cousins on my dad's side. I am actually very lucky to be a TWIN cousin. Her name is Andrea and we were born 3 hours apart. Her parents, (my dad's sister) were going to name her Christine also, but found out that I was born first and was already named Christy. So they changed her name to Andrea. Which fits her perfectly. But I wouldn't have minded if we were both "Christy". She and I, along with our other cousin, Charla were inseparable when we got together. Which was only 3-4 times a year we lived always about 6+ hours from them. But when we would get back together it was like we never were apart and we would pick back up where we left off. Not only was it great to be a twin cousin, but there were always tons of cousins everywhere! Family  gatherings were ciaos at times, but those are some of the funniest, awesome memories I have with my cousins. Both sides of my family I have some really amazing, talented cousins. And I love being with my cousins. 

So when I say, my kids have only 2 cousins, I am not complaining, really, it's just different than what I am used to. (No pressure to my siblings or Ryan's siblings to start having kids!) My nephew and niece are the BEST. And I am so grateful to have them and to see them grow up and learn new things. It's fun having a baby(my sister, April's little girl) in the family again, as my kids are passed that stage.

Here is my totally hilarious nephew, Colton and my adorable chubby niece, Audrey. Aren't they the cutest?! I am so lucky to be an aunt to them.

 Emily and Avery just love holding Audrey. They are so happy to see her and when they talk about their baby cousin, Audrey they all light up and says, she's the best! (Which she is!) Audrey weighs almost as much as Emily though! She takes after me! I was 31 pounds at a year old and Audrey is over nine months old, and probably close to 26 pounds now. Emily is a whopping 29 pounds.





Madisen and Audrey even look like cousins from their facial expressions, huh? :)

They girls love their cousin, Colton and they constantly talk about are they going to see him again. We were glad to have gotten to spend a several summer weeks with him and a few days with him at our house before he flew back to Texas.





No comments: