July 30, 2012

Murtaugh 5K Mud Run

Our good friend, Dan Simon flew across the country to be with us to run through the mud on July 21st. It was THAT important. We wanted to make a statement so we all went out to find costumes. Our costumes however, just didn't measure up to Dan's cow outfit...


 Ryan in his neon attire.



This picture is really blurry, but I like it, as it shows how much bigger my muscles are compared to Dan's. (You really need to work on that, Dan.)


Dan's utters were discussing. Ew. 

Me and my better half. What a stud.

Running hard. 

Ryan and Dan wrestling. What you don't see is me, pushing Dan off. 
And the Hodges dominate, again...  Muhahaha!

 Ryan sliding down after Dan.



The mud was so thick in spots I got stuck a few times and had to literally roll down the mud hills to get out.

 Mud swamp
Dan trying to push my face in the mud.

Ryan coming to my rescue!


We finished with a time of 54 minutes and 55 seconds.


I did it! 

Washing the mud off in the lake.

Dan and Deb



Our normal faces...


We had such a great time! It was so nice getting to know Deb too. She is a good friend of Dan's that came up with Dan and they stayed for 4 days. We went and played Frisbee golf, went to the movies, played lots of Rook and Tetris (where I dominated it all.... Of course. Ok, Dan might have won a few times.;) Thanks for coming and visiting us!! We had a great time, as always!

No comments: