June 13, 2012

Laundry Room Makeover

Laundry. That word should be a swear word in my opinion. It's filthy, and dirty. I have never been very good at doing...ahem...laundry. So to help me with it, I thought if I had a nice/decorated laundry room that was functional and beautiful I might (I said, MIGHT) come to enjoy doing it! (Did I really just say that?!)

I got to work, planning out the room. What first inspired me I should say, was this basket systems on Pinterest. However, I modified it for my laundry room needs.  First I picked out the colors I wanted, then I measured out the area for a table and basket system, then I bought all the material, my husband and I build it together. Isn't he great!?





I then sanded and painted it.



Here's the Before:





And lastly and most importantly I decorated the room. I am not quite done, but close enough that I will show you now...

So with out further ado here is my new LAUNDRY room....tada!

We build a counter the same size as our dryer so I can fold clothes and put them in piles there.


Most of the decorations I got from the D.I. or the dollar store. I still need to find some little pictures to put in the 3 frames.

I found this cute glass vase and spray painted it and then with puffy paint added a design on it. ( I got that idea off of Pinterest too- so fun and easy!)


I wanted a towel bar so I could dry my hands after getting them wet from the washer. We had two extra left over, so again, I found another similar thing on Pinterest and thought I would try it with baskets hanging down. I only bought one basket for now, just to see if I like it. It's great for holding things, however, I don't really know what to put in it, as I have two cupboards above my washer/dryer that keeps everything. So I don't know about the whole basket thing...? 


For the most part I love it and I have already seen a BIG improvement in my attitude towards...*cough*, Laundry.

 Let's hope it stays that way.




No comments: