December 2, 2011

"Making a List...and Checking it Twice..."

That last post was a bit of a stretch I realize, however, I am determined to do better at blogging. (So I don't have to write another one of these. A sorry note).



I love keeping a record of things.  I am a list-making, goal setting, financial planning, picture taking, scrap book fanatic, note taking-doodling kind of person. I am always writing up "plans", and then a week later revising, altering, and improving those plans. Plans for the future. Plans for the weekend. Plans for meal time. Plans for chores, Plans for cleaning the house. Plans for weight loss. Plans for projects. Plans for Holidays. Plans for saving money and how much we can save in *blank* amount of time for *blank* purchase. If there is a way to plan for it, I 've done it. I am a visual learning and have to see it on paper. I have around 5-6 full journals from high school, 14 scrapbooks and 2 binders full of notes, pictures and memories from high school, college and of course marriage and family life.

I KNOW my husband thinks I am weird. After making a list of something and showing him, he usually says, "Honey, you are cute."  But what he REALLY means to say is... "Honey, you are seriously ridiculous and insane with all your non-stop notes and list all around the house.... and you are cute" (because of course he thinks I'm cute!(sarcasm)).

Who doesn't love looking back on family memories? Like you, I have spent hours and hours writing/typing many cute, funny and down right silly things my kids, my husband or I have done. And even the not-so-pretty, gross, awful things we have done. I love going back and reading them from time to time. I am a forgetful person too, so maybe that's another reason I like to write things down, because reading them helps me recall many of those memories like they just happened yesterday! And THAT is priceless. Like this time. Or perhaps this little gem. And especially moments like this.

Does it seem like blogging isn't as popular anymore? Anyone feel that way?  When blogging made it's entrance into the internet world, everyone, even their dogs were blogging.... Everyday! Sometimes twice or more a day. Clearly there are far more blogs, millions more, on the internet today then 5 years ago. But blogging in my small circle of friends seems to have slowed down drastically. (Not blaming YOU). It just doesn't seem such a trend/craze to post every day anymore. Most of us post just a few times a month now. If that even. Which is still great don't get me wrong. I just remember the first week/month I started blogging. I was addicted to it more than I care to admit. Posting about everything and anything even if it had little to no purpose to anyone. I remember searching for blogs of friends and family everywhere, if they had one. Every Facebook friend, friend's on my email account; asking them if they had a blog. And if they didn't telling them to get one!  If they had a blog I wouldn't waste anytime adding to them to my LIST of friends. Then I would search their LIST of friends to see if there was anyone I knew on it that I could add to mine too.

How silly huh?

Admit it. You did it too, right?

Right??

Now four years later, I have deleted a few blogs here and there from so-called friends that I never heard back from. Ever. haha! Funny how life is like that.

Don't worry. I don't plan on making a list to delete anyone.

I have already checked twice.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Funny. I was just going to comment on your facebook status (about updating your blog) that I was so happy, because NO ONE updates their blogs anymore (including me...), and I miss it!

Rachel Schanz said...

totally agree. No one comments anymore either which is a little depressing.... but I love reading about you guys :) what kind of clinic does Ryan work at in Texas? would they be looking for a temporary position? Casey a full time job but it doesn't start until 9/2012, so we're looking for temporary jobs until then. so exciting for you guys to be going back to Idaho!!

Cristi said...

I can TOTALLY see and hear Ryan saying "Oh, honey you're cute." LOL! And yes, blogging is less and less popular. I still love it, even though you and about 4 other people are the only ones who read it! :) I'll always read yours!

Tammy said...

I am so glad that you continue to blog (no matter the frequency) because I love keeping up with your lives. I remember phases I've gone through and I just have to remember that I have to change and flow with what is happening with my family. That thought sometimes takes the pressure off and sometimes not but life happens and I'm just glad I can come to your blog and laugh, be inspired and catch those special moments that I would otherwise miss out on in your lives. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and family life. P.S. I'm a list maker also so I understand completely.

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

YOu should have been a columnist. . .you always write the most entertaing stuff on nothing. . .don't take that wrong-very much a compliment. . .I LOVE to read all your stuff. . .most of the time if people have wrote a post that long I don't even read it, but yours I just can't walk away from it. . .i have to know how it ends!!! Your the best!! Love ya