August 18, 2011

Missouri trip cut short...bowling instead!


We were on our way to Missouri this last weekend to see some good friends of ours that we haven't seen in 6 years! Ryan went to high school with Brady and Brady's wife, Yvonne and I have become really good friends too. Their oldest boy was getting baptized and we wanted to be there.  But as we were driving through Oklahoma Ryan and I both got a strong impression to turn around. I was actually feeling uneasy about it but didn't know why and when Ryan said he felt we needed to turn around I knew we did too. We were in the middle of a bad rain storm and the storm was traveling the same way we were headed. We don't know why or what would have happened, if anything, but as soon as we made the decision to go back we felt it was the right one and the storm that we were going through had ended as we were traveling in the opposite direction-home. We were sad that we couldn't see our friends, but we are so grateful for the still small voice and the promptings of the spirit to keep our family safe. 

So now that our plans to see our good friends in Missouri weren't going to happen the girls were very disappointed as we talked about it all week. They were excited to meet them and to play at their house.  


So to brighten our moods we took the girls bowling later that day and had a great time! 


Emily enjoyed rolling the ball down the lane with help from Dad.



Yes! Strike!


 Ryan showing me his "strike" pose.

Avery would throw the ball and sprint off each time, so all the pictures I have of her is of the back of her head and shoes running away. I had to walk her back and get this picture of her.

 Madisen caught on pretty fast and she was a great little bowler.



5 comments:

Pattie D said...

Love these little girls! They are so cute! Avery just cracks me up...really! Her darling little looks, how can you ever be upset with her. Hey I am in OK right now...until next Tuesday!

Okay I love the Ryan is sporting BSU! What a guy! There was a guy on the plane when I flew out with a BSU hat on, I walked up to him and said, Hey great hat...go BSU! He says,(we are in the OK airport) better not say that too loud here...LOL Go blue and orange!

amy jane carpenter said...

Christy you are so cute in all your pictures! And I'm diggin the dark hair. Not sure if that's a new hair color or not, but I like it. And you are freakin' skinny. Just had to tell ya!

Cristi said...

oh I wished we could have gone, too!

The Moore Family said...

Your story gave me goosebumps! You are such awesome people! And Christy, you are lookin' smokin' hot!! And Happy bday Avery, I can't believe she is 4!!! ....did I get everything??!!

Tammy said...

Too bad about your trip ending but I'm so grateful that you listened to the spirit because I've had similar experiences and know that feeling of knowing that I made the right choice even if I didn't know what may have happened. That knowledge is so precious. I know that Brady and Yvonne understood.

Bowling looked like so much fun!