August 16, 2011

B-52 Bombers

Back in May I was asked if I wanted to join a softball team with some of the ward members. I was hesitant at first because I hadn't played in over 12 years! And I didn't want to be the person that held the team back, so I wasn't sure. I didn't know if it was going to be super competitive or just more for fun. I reluctantly agreed to join and I am so glad I did!! It was great to be back on a "team" again. I love playing volleyball in high school and in college and the same with tennis. Being part of a team is so fun, even in 100+ degree heat! It's like what they say, "No pain, no gain" right? Or something.

Here's a few pictures of our last game of the season....


Shannon and I...."We're going to CRUSH them".




 Me up at bat...hit a fly ball over third base, but it was sadly caught. Darn!
Guess I need to work on that.
Here I am at 2nd base...and missed a grounder that hit- more like SMASHED, my foot and bounced clear out to the outfield. 

It was fast,
 And it hurt.

"Whoops!" 

Guess I need to work on that too.

Our team, the B-52 Bombers: 

Shannon and David Evans, Dawni, Tim and Amanda Adams, Richard, Amy Duncan, Jaconb and John Sneed, Me, Chelsea Upton, Randall, and Kevin Doty. (...and some cute little girl on the end ;)
(missing Janna and Wade Stephens). 


Since the fall is so nice here in Texas, we are starting games again in just two weeks! 



2 comments:

Leslie said...

you are so fun!! skinny too!!!!!

Tammy said...

What a fun group! I'm glad you chose to join because I know you will have fun and will be an asset to the team. Getting out on your own for a few hours on your own is good for everyone. Have a blast!