May 22, 2011

I am of Worth....and so are you!

Last weekend I drove up to Oklahoma City with two friends from my ward and we met up with my best friend, Kimberly who lives 15 minutes from Oklahoma City to go to Time Out for Women! I have never been before and had such a great time.

Hillary Weeks preformed several times and did amazing! I love her voice and I had no idea she had such a great sense of humor too. She had us all laughing so much. It was so fun sitting by Kimberly and talking, laughing and joking around like old times. Whenever we get to see each and hang out I always feel like myself again. She helps me remember who I am and let's me bring it out!

The speakers were awesome! I enjoyed everyone of them. Especially the last speaker, an older woman by the name of Mary Ellen Edmunds. She was hilarious!  And the spirit was so strong when she was speaking and I felt it so strongly that the flood gates opened and I couldn't stop crying!

She talked about how Satan and his followers try to HIDE our identities and keep us from knowing who we really are. We need to remember who we are; We are daughters of God and we are of worth. Of great worth.

I have struggled with this my whole life. I am always beating myself up and I often forget who I am. I struggled as a teenager tremendously in some aspects. I think many wouldn't believe that and many have even said that I was very outgoing and friendly, and can't believe I struggled with confidence or self-worth...but deep down I never felt good enough. I got made fun of for my looks countless times and to this day I still find myself  "hiding" from the world, afraid to get hurt. Satan has tried to HIDE me and my identity for years, and I have been working hard on this lately to not let him.

So I felt this talk was especially for me and it was exactly what I needed to hear. I am of Worth. And I need to remember that always!

Me and Kimberly...isn't she gorgeous?!



Jessica, Janna, Me, Kimberly



Hillary Weeks performing one of her many popular songs.


After the conference we walked downtown Oklahoma City to find a place to eat. We went to Coach's, which was a great place overlooking a baseball game. It was pretty cool and the food was so good. You can see the baseball field behind us.


Thanks girls for a great time!  I am so glad we did this!

4 comments:

Cristi said...

We went to women's conference a couple years ago and Mary Ellen Edmunds made me LAUGH so much too! Thank you for sharing your testimony that we are all of great worth! I LOVE YOU!

Pattie D said...

I am so glad you did too! Next year you mom and I will have to come out...would't that be fun! By the way I think you are gorgeous too! Inside and outside...your beautiful! All four of you are glowing, I know it must have been fun, Kimberly was still talking about it when we went to visit!

RORYJEAN said...

Oh what fun! Both you and Kim look beautiful. You always had such a special friendship.

In high school, you were so beautiful and had so many friends and were so outgoing- you always seemed so self-assured. I guess high school isn't easy for anyone. I'm so glad that I never have to be a teenager again- it was tough!

Tammy said...

We see your worth and who you are. Yes, Kimberly is beautiful and so are you! I think that those struggles made you stronger. They also help us learn empathy and tolerance.

It is so great to take time out, spend time with friends, and recharge your spiritual battery. Yay for girl time!