September 2, 2010

Some Happenings...

Yesterday, I got to drive down to Utah with my parents to wish my Grandma Newman a Happy 76th Birthday!  She is a beautiful woman and has accomplished so much in her 76 years of life. She has had 7 kids; she has 30 grandkids, and 35 great-grandchildren!  My Grandma has been very sick and hasn't been doing too well these days and I know that this was my last time visiting her. We found out a few weeks ago she has cancer in her stomach and upper shoulder area. The doctors don't give her much longer and it was hard to see her in that state of mind and condition yesterday. I know this is the last time I will get to see her. She can't really hold her head up anymore and is so weak that she can barely lift her arms.  She will be greatly missed when she passes but I hope she can be relieved of her suffering soon and return back home. She will be able to see and play with Ethan and that makes me more envious than I should probably admit but I am glad she will be able to be with him since I can't. My Grandma and Grandpa Newman and Grandma's sister, Jane.

August 31st was our 8th wedding anniversary, and our best friend Dan surprised us with a suite at the Black Swan Hotel. (Thanks Dan!) For those that haven't ever had a themed room should definitely reserve a room at one. It was so fun! We stayed in the Pirate room and pretended we were pirates all night. "ARRGH!"  OK... not really. So, yeah. Not a lot to say about this. ;)



In two days I am running the Pocatello MARATHON!!! 


26.2 miles. 
Ouch.


It's all MENTAL... 
I can do it. No sweat, right? Or something like that??

2 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

GOOOO CHrisTY!! I will be cheering you on while I sit on the couch with my bowl of icecream.-:) YOur amazing- I hope your feet forgive you for this one (hehe)

Cristi said...

so sorry to hear about your grandma. but that's awesome she will be with ethan. :)