May 24, 2010

Happy Day.

It's Monday.

For most people Mondays aren't that great. It's, "back to work", "back to school", "back to the old grind", "back to..."boring"', until the much anticipated weekend comes again. But sometimes Monday's can be a good day too. As it is a NEW week. A FRESH start. Ahhhhh.


Growing up, and to this day, I still hear my mom call Mondays her "cleaning day." Now that I am older with kids, Mondays have become my "Cleaning day".


So today, I should have been doing this...

and especially this....

and probably this...
oh, and that...

and well, probably a whole lot more...




BUT INSTEAD we built this...and did lots of this...

and that...

and especially a whole lot of of this...



What a great Monday!

We should make Tuesday the "cleaning day" sometimes, and give Monday a break! ;)

9 comments:

Cristi said...

Oh my gosh! Emily in that little chair is soooo cute! And you are such a good mom for taking time to have fun. I miss you.

RORYJEAN said...

Haha- this is so great. I cleaned my house today and yelled at my kids a bunch- I totally should have built a fort instead! It would have been a much better monday! Your girls are too cute for words.

Leslie said...

you're so cute! good for you for doing less of "that" and a lot of "this!" It's the more important (I have to remind myself that sometimes). We have the same princess chairs btw :)

Christy said...

You guys are so nice! And don't feel bad Rory, I am sure I had my share of yells yesterday as well with my kids! haha. But we did have a good time. That doesn't happen everyday!

Pattie D said...

I totally agree! Glad you made some memories with those beautiful little girls!

Heather said...

I think building the fort is what you truly were supposed to do. so much more fun then cleaning house.

Unknown said...

I love it! Your kids have the coolest Mom ever! Looks like we need to come play at your house sometime... much funner there!

Skye said...

Love Love Love the song!!! Forts are so much more fun than cleaning!

Tammy said...

I agree with you about the Monday - Tuesday thing. Good for you for playing with the kids. When they are grown and gone you will have plenty of time to clean. I'm going to have to learn that "Emily" dance!