April 29, 2010

Another First

The doctor gave us the OK to take Emily out into public now. So, Emily got to experience going to church for the first time last Sunday. I am not quite sure that she thought much about it but it was cute seeing her all dressed up with her sisters. It was great to finally be able to go to church as a whole family after a year of taking turns staying at home with Emily. The girls were excited too. They kept asking us, "Emily's going?", "We're all going to church together?!"


(And of course I had to get pictures of her first Sunday in her cute little birthday dress, Aunt Genn and Uncle Adam bought for her. )


8 comments:

Skye said...

YIPPEE!!! I bet it's been a long winter for you guys, but hopefully you can make up for it by going crazy this summer :) That is so awesome that Emily is able to be in public now, I remember feeling this new found freedom when the doctors okayed Asher to be in public. Emily is so so cute, I love her little dress. I need to give her a hug soon, I've missed you guys!

Cristi said...

oh my gosh! they are all so stinkin cute dressed up together!

amy jane carpenter said...

So cute!!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

WOw!! I knew you couldn't take her out when you first brought her home, but i didn't realize that you were doing that every for a whole year!!! You are a saint!! I would of gone crazy :)-She is such a sweet baby and looks so good in her outfit-your hair is short too!!! i love it looks good!

Andrea said...

How exciting to finally be able to get out and about with that girl! What a LONG year that must have been. We have a girl in our ward in the same boat. She was called as our primary pianist the week before she delivered her baby (I think 3 months early). She has never played yet, and won't be able to for quite some time. Poor girl. And poor me (I have to get substitutes).

Genny said...

Wow, I had no idea that she couldn't get out of the house like that. Your patience must have grown leaps and bounds!!! Way to be strong!

Joanna said...

Yay! It's probably so nice to be able to go together as a family again. Way to go Emily girl!

Tammy said...

How adorable they all are. I remember the first time we were able to take Ryan out. It was no where near a year though. I'm so thankful that she is doing so well and is so healthy. We are all so blessed.