March 29, 2010

Emily's experience at Grandma Graf's house

This was Emily's second time in the state of Utah, and this time, she was much happier about the situation. The first time she was in the NICU at Univ. of Utah hospital for 4 months when she was born and has since made it known to us that she does not much care for Utah. However, going to visit grandma Graf in New Harmony, Utah may have given her second thoughts about her negative opinion of the Beehive state...or maybe not... Emily is not too fond of fire-breathing dragons that growl at her. Or maybe she's doing her own imitation of a dragon.



Some full body shots of Emily in her PJs. Isn't she sweet?


Emily having a good hair day.


Emily having a finger-in-the-light-socket hair day.

(This next dozen pictures of Emily are at our house a month ago)

Emily was crawling around the living room and noticed a bright pink laundry basket laying on it's side. She crawled over to it and began to try to stand up. Instead, the basket flipped over on top of her, capturing her like a venus fly trap. After laughing ourselves silly, we finally released her from her self-imposed prison cell.

Just because I love her face in these pictures.


This is it, folks! There's no turning back now. Time to baby-proof the house again. I particularly like the picture on the lower left. Emily is doing her best Nacho Libre butt tightening moves.


Emily is such a happy baby and is always smiling well, except when she's not... haha. ;) She weights 16 pounds 8 ounces and is turning ONE in exactly THREE weeks. Which is crazy!
Emily had an evalution done to check her progress two months ago. And although she is a little behind by the non-adjusted scores she is measuring above in the adjusted scores. However, we are not concerned in the least. She is growing and learning at her own pace and she will be caught up to where she needs to be in no time...whatever that means really?? (I just thought I would put it on the blog for journal-ing purposes).

Emily loves to stand up and try to be big like her sisters. She loves to eat Gerber's puffs or just about anything really. She does laugh but you have to do something incredibly funny to earn it, she doesn't just give out laughs for free. She's cute beyond all description and we are not bias one bit. ;)




11 comments:

Tammy said...

I agree with you on Emily's cuteness and I think that she is going to exceed other children soon. Does being a Grandma make one biased also?

RORYJEAN said...

She's a doll! I can't believe she is going to turn one! Wow! How old would she be if she was born on her due date, just out of curiosity? I am so amazed by her story- it's so easy to see God's hand in everyhting you have written about her. She is precious.

Cristi said...

Oh my gosh I want to meet her sooo bad!! And cuddle her!!! We're coming to Utah in June so we'll have to get together!

Blake and Lara said...

Absolutely adorable!! Emily looks like such a happy little thing! Also, LOVE all your adorable crafts, you are one talented lady!! I so wish I would take the time and patience to do some of my own:)

Shantaila said...

I can't believe how big she is! She is so cute!!!

Rachel Schanz said...

Looks like you guys have been having so much fun! your girls are so cute and you are so inspiring with all of your crafting!!

The Suttons said...

I cannot believe she will be one in a few weeks! That is so crazy!!

Joanna said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe it's already been 1 year. What a cutie. She is such a sweet girl and fun girl. Happy Birthday soon Emily!

Skye said...

What a cutie! She is so adorable and happy. I just love her smile. We are happy to hear she is doing so well!

By the way, I love all the projects you have done. They are so so cute!!!

Pattie D said...

Been thinking about you all all day! Happy Birthday to Emily, may her life continue to be happy and healthy and she be a joy and blessing to her wonderful family.
May the bittersweet of this day continue to inspire you to be the best you can be!
Love you all!

Just Only Me said...

I'm a couple days late, but I knew it was the twin's birthday on the 19th but didn't get a chance to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Glad she's doing so well, I'm partial to the light-socket hairdo myself. It's quite common at our house!