March 29, 2010

3 Weeks of Crafts = Pure Happiness.

Since being at my mother-in-laws house for three full weeks I had a few extra hands/arms, (more like 8:), to help with the kids which gave me quite a bit more free time than I have had in a long time to do some craft projects! I love doing craft projects, especially with my mom and Ryan's mom.

This is where we spent a lot of our time...
Stunning, huh? Isn't it the most beautiful craft room you have ever laid eyes on?! There are thousands of papers of every color texture and size. Brads, ribbon and embellishments galore! It was like being in my very own craft store with endless supplies! And Ryan's mom was so kind and generous to share it ALL with me. (Thanks MOM!!! I had a blast scraping with you!)
~~~~~~~~~

There is a Roberts-(which is a craft store for those that don't know) in Cedar City Utah (Ryan's grandma works there). Yet it is going out of business in April, (sad day!) so we got 40% and 50% off on everything. Let's just say mom and I both got a bit carried away, but it was worth it. I got a ton of great stuff and I can't wait to use it!

I bought this wood "H" for $3, painted it and decoupaged it and found a cute way to hang it using ribbon and a $3 metal hook! I found these shelves at the DI, which again were only $3(my lucky number), sanded them down and repainted them the same color as my "H".
And WA-LAH!What do you think? I have never been the best at decorating...so I am not sure if everything is balanced and looks right...suggestions? Comments? Oh, and the things on the shelves I just put there for the picture. I want to get maybe a small vase or plant or...or... Something!

~~~~~~~~

Mom and I made this beautiful window display of flowers. We love how it turned out.
~~~~~~~

We did a craft project with the kids as well. We made them each a little bag with their names and hand prints on the back with the date. That was probably more fun for mom and I then the girls. ;0

~~~~~~~~

Mom bought these cute letters for each of the girls names at Roberts and we printed out the rest of their names in vinyl to go on the wall. It turned out pretty cute I think!


~~~~~~~~

Another project that I am still working on is a menu board. I have been wanting to do one for quite some time to BE more organized and to help ME plan out family meals, since I am horrible at it. Really I am.
Mom helped me by giving me this extra board she had and I found paper that I liked again, at Roberts! ...We spent a lot of time there as well! I painted my board a deep red, then decoupaged it with the paper I choose. I added little embellishments all over it to make it well, what else but... c-u-t-e! :)

It's really bright and crazy, but I actually loved how it turned out.
I also made a sign to put at the top... and well, it's still a work in progress, but I will take a picture when it's all completed.

~~~~~~~~

And the time in between all these fun projects I spent making cards! I think I made close to 75 cards! Here are some of my favorites...

"Thank you" cards...



"Thinking of you" cards...


Baby shower cards...



"Today is something to celebrate" cards...



And Birthday cards...


I had a great time and have been inspired to keep it up. Thanks Mom for the great time and the many laughs! Can't wait to do it again soon!

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Christy you are a crafting genius! I loved everything you made and am now trying to catch up in my lonley craft room. Yes my craft room is great but it needs people in it to really shine. Thanks so much for all the time we spent together crafting, shopping, cooking and hanging out. We love you all and miss you terribly. I look forward to our next crafting retreat!

Cristi said...

I'm so glad you got to have some help and do so much crafting! Wish I could have done it with you!

Andrea said...

Holy mother of crafts! What fun. If I had a craft room like that...well, I don't know what, but it would be amazing.

Hawkins Family said...

I am so impressed! All of your projects turned out so cute. That IS the most amazing craft room I've ever seen. One day I hope to have a craft room!

Emily said...

I'm impressed with your ambition. This post brings me back to the days when we would scrapbook in my basement. Also, I'm glad to hear Emily is doing so well. I need to come visit sometime so I can meet your kids.

The Suttons said...

You are so good at crafts! They all turned out so cute!!!

Joanna said...

Okay, I'm really jealous that I wasn't there with you so that I could make all those cute things too! Why wasn't I invited? J/K
I REALLY love that H you made for your living room and I LOVE the big letters for the girl's rooms that you added the rest of their names in vinyl. So cute!

RORYJEAN said...

Oh my! What fun! I wish I was more crafty- I love everything you made! so cute!