February 5, 2010

Independence...for her and I

The last couple of days Avery has been very independent about using the potty. She says, "I want to do it myself!" So I have been waiting and watching for her to go in and use the potty today so I could catch in on camera and what I captured I thought was pretty darn cute. :0

The only downside I have found with her doing it herself is sometimes Avery doesn't quite get ALL the pee in the toilet when she is dumping it. How do I know this? Well let's just say to my surprise I got a little wet while using the toilet. Eww! Oh, well. The little potty will be put away soon but for now I will let her be proud of newly independence.

Viewer Discretion Advised: Some scenes include partial nudity.



From watching this clip, it looks like I need to work with her on flushing the toilet, washing her hands and WIPING when she is done. But I am just SOOO happy she is potty trained!

5 comments:

amy jane carpenter said...

Go Avery Go! -in the potty that is. And wow, that looked like a lot of hard work! I loved how she whispered what sounded like, "my pants" as she was trying her hardest to pull them up.

Unknown said...

So cute! I love how she has to dump it in the big toilet all by herself. She is so grown up!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Oh how i wish parker was potty trained-this is one of the worst things about being a mom-good job avery!!!!- only a mom would take a video of this lol

Joanna said...

Yay Avery! That is such a good day when they are doing the potty thing on their own and WANT to do everything themselves. How exciting!

Cristi said...

Yay! Less diapers is always good!