January 21, 2010

NEW news!

There's been a lot of NEW and exciting news at our house lately...



I got a NEW bike! I have been wanting a spinning bike for awhile now, so when Ryan leaves on his rotations for PA school I can still exercise at home and manage my weight loss goals. I love it! Thanks babe!

NEW bedroom makeover...
I wanted a place for the girls to learn and be creative. Every morning before Madi heads to school, we have "school" of our own. We have been learning about the days of the week, checking the weather every morning, learning about different states and lots more! I got many of the ideas in the room from a friend of mine, who I love! She made her boys the cutest play/learning room! I never used the changing table for what it was meant to be used for...changing, so I turned it into a learning area instead.

I got this idea from my friend, Amy as well. She just got twine and hung up all her kids coloring creations. What a great way to display their work!It's been so fun having this little area to play, learn and just be creative with the girls. Here's our Farris Wheel we made and then destroyed as soon as we made it. haha!


My NEW hair cut! I cut my own hair and cut about 5 inches off. (I know, crazy huh?) Yet, I wanted it even shorter with more layers so my sister, April did an A -line cut with lots of layers in the back. (Thanks April! I love it!)
Avery is NEWLY potty trained! Avery has been using the potty for almost a year, here and there but I never really tried to push it. Well, three weeks ago we ran out of diapers for her and I refused to buy more. So she has been in underwear since and is doing great! She still has about one accident a day but she has got both 1 & 2 down! Whoo-hoo!

Avery has even learned how to dress herself ...sort of.(haha!)
Someone NEW at the dinner table! Emily has officially started eating baby food. Though, I am not quite sure she likes it. Don't be fooled by this "happy" face...because notice the amount of food surrounding her that she kept spitting out. :)


And the last of the NEW news...
I got Five NEW fillings. OK, so this is a little weird to blog about, but I thought my face looked so funny I had to share. lol! I am not the best at flossing, but I am committed now to do a better job, because having FIVE cavities hurt...real bad! And because I come out looking like this...
My face was so numb it looked like half of my face was paralyzed! I thought, "this would be funny if I posted it" (But please don't black mail me with this picture!)

17 comments:

Rachel Schanz said...

so funny, you look like a completely different person! :) It looks like you guys are having so much fun, thanks for the inspiration!

Pattie D said...

Love the new haircut!!! You are beautiful! Welcome to Emily who gets to sit out the Hodges family dinner table. Way to go Emily! What a big girl! Yeah for Avery and yeah for Madi for learning so many new things!
hugs
MOMC

Nicole Leavitt said...

Love the new haircut! Its darling! I love your idea of the learning area! Cute girls! Cute pictures! Also, that is great that you got a spinning bike! How convenient for you!

Unknown said...

Love the bike! I've done spinning once and wow. It kicked my butt! I thought I was going to die. Definitely need to work up to do that. :)
Love the girls play/learning room area. What a great idea. I can't wait until we have more space so I can do fun stuff like that. You are an amazing mom! I need lots of tips from you!!
Yay for Avery being potty trained. I've been thinking of starting Saylee, she's been ready for a while and she's gone potty a few times on the toilet...but yeah I just have been lazy with it.
You are so funny to take pics and post them of your numb face! I had 3 cavities filled a few months ago and was so embarrased. I came straight home and didn't even want to talk to Kevin...since I really couldn't talk. He made a joke about my face and I started crying. So embarrassing. And it's such a strange feeling to have no feeling or control! I did get back at Kevin a few weeks later when he had to have several fillings as well! Hahaha it was funny.
I LOVE your hair cut! You look so adorable, as usual! You are beautiful and look amazing. I miss you!!
Hugs and luvs!

amy jane carpenter said...

Oh my freaking heck you are so darling! I'm sooo flattered right now I'm not even sure what to say. But your changing table idea is so great! I love it! Also i love the new hairstyle! And I even think u pull of the "numb look" quite well. I'm not sure I've ever looked that good after a dentist visit.

Just Only Me said...

CUTE HAIR!!! You're adorable.

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

I am very jealous that avery is potty trained-so you want to do parker??? I LOVE LOVE your new do!! i love that length on you and it make you look so "hip" YOu make me laugh love the picture of the cavities-if you ever had a stroke-you now know what you would look like haha thanks for all the news
-love ya

The Suttons said...

I love the learning room!!! That is a great idea! And, love your bike-wish I had one-I need to get my but in shape. You look amazing as usual! Miss seeing you-don't be such a stranger!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Hahaha! I can't stop laughing at your face...I am a dental hygienist so I totally know what you went through...they really got you numb. I love your hair! It is way cute!

Skye said...

Wow...you guys have been busy! You are such a cute mom! I absolutely love the learning room, that is such a great idea. I should convert my changing table too, I never use it. I can't even begin to tell you how jealous I am of Avery being potty-trained...keep up the good work Avery! Thanks for posting the numb face...it brought back fond memories for me.

P.S.- Love, love, love the hair!!!

Lis said...

Love the haircut! Very cute! I am totally going to copy the twine idea for displaying artwork in our playroom! Oh yeah, we use our changing table as a closet organizer! :)

Cristi said...

I love your hair! And how cute that Emily is at the table, too! I love the creative area and I'm jealous of the bike! Love you!

Pattie D said...

Okay please don't be shocked but there is a package coming your way...just let me know when you get it. I mailed it today but don't expect it much before Friday!
LOVE YOU ALL!
hugs
MOMC

Andrea said...

I just got a filling last week, and am scheduled for two more in a couple weeks. OUCH! I feel your pain (I had five done at once about six years ago - it was horrendous). I DO floss. But if it's going to be in vain, then screw it. That's my new philosophy. Especially when it comes to my kids - it is such a hassle to floss and brush their teeth...and then they STILL get cavities. Ugh! Not to mention the price of those lovely dental visits. I swear I could have bought all new furniture. Twice, by now.

pardon the rambling.

Genny said...

AHHHHH! I would read your blogs more often, but it doesn't update for some weird reason. Man, i am scared to go to the dentist. I haven't gone in 3 years. I need to go :)

Hawkins Family said...

I love you haircut! Your hair always looks cute though. I love it long and short! I can't wait for us to have more space to make a play/learning area. I love the cavity pictures...because I relate so well. Even with a Dad and brother as dentists I am the cavity queen! Well, not the past few years...I've been better, but in middle school and high school I was BAD. Every 6 month check-up I had 3-5 cavities it seemed! Glad to see your cute family doing so well!

Leanne said...

CUTE hair! I love the idea of having a "learning" room, not just a "play room". And I think you look cute, even with half your face numb!