December 18, 2009

"Mom Jr."

These pictures crack me up.


I asked Ryan to take a few pictures of us girls before heading off to church one Sunday (a few weeks back), which always turns into like 20 pictures as Avery will not smile on demand no matter what. Of course, I don't know why I even come to expect it anymore, her track record for smiling on demand is pretty low to non-existent really. But I keep trying anyway, to uncover that adorable little grin of hers. And these pictures are a rare success of that trying. And that's only because we bribed her with chocolate milk if she smiled. Boy does that work! A new favorite "nack" among the hundreds.

However, this is not why these pictures crack me up.

If you look at Madi in all of them, it shows you why I think they are so hilarious. Her personality comes right out and shows you how she has taken on her role of being the big sister. Making sure Avery is doing what she is told and even spies on her to make sure. Madi has become somewhat of a "Mom-Jr." recently,(the exact thing my family called me, more like teased me about through the years...not my proudest moments that's for sure;). But Madisen is starting to really take on her role as the oldest and making sure Avery is doing exactly what she is told. HAHA!

I love my girls!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

These pictures are so great. I love Madi's faces! I remember my older sister doing the similar 'mom jr' stuff. Avery's faces are hilarious! What silly, adorable girls you have. And you look amazing, as always. Thanks for stopping by tonight. It was so wonderful to see you. You are such a great friend! Hugs!

Cristi said...

those are so precious! and your face is looking so thin in those pics! you look great!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

you guys all look so cute!!! Madi will be a great big sister-she will keep them all in line-now you just have to keep track of her :)-hope you guys have a great christmas-love ya

RORYJEAN said...

Your girls have their mom's beauty- the resemblance is uncanny. They are so adorable.