December 17, 2009

First Place- Beautiful- Edible -OURS?

We got a knock on our door two weeks ago, and when we opened the door, to our surprise were two Laurels (the ONLY two Laurels we have) from our ward. They were dressed up and looked so pretty both wearing matching blue Christmas dresses with Santa caps as they were on their way to a choir concert. They showed us this awesome gingerbread house that they had made and won first place for! Then they both said, "We made it for you guys."


What!? FOR REALS!!??

I thought they were joking or that I heard wrong at first. We couldn't believe it! What a wonderful thing to make for our family. They spent so much time and energy on it and I still can't believe they gave it to us. We have such a great ward here and feel so blessed with such loving and wonderful friends and ward members. Thanks for the beautiful gingerbread house! It's awesome and good job on winning first place Katie and Amanda!
Madi admiring the....candy.

Avery admiring the...chocolate.


Ryan and I admiring the light shining through the windows.

Drooling over the house. The girls kept saying, "Wow. That's awesome."

4 comments:

Just Only Me said...

Looks good enough to EAT! It's beautiful! I wish I were that capable, but when we did our Gingerbread house construction this year, I was fired as Foreman! My husband actually FIRED me! :)

Dave and Melissa Geddes said...

Wow! That Gingerbread house is awesome! What sweet girls. I am so jealous that you got to see Colin Raye! I LOVE him! Man, Melalueca never had that good of shows when I worked there. Oh, and Ryan did an amazing job, and you looked oh so beautiful that night!

Unknown said...

How fun! I love making gingerbread houses...but haven't done it in years...too hard with little ones. How sweet that those girls made the house for your family. Looks awesome. Have the girls gotten to snack on it? ;)

RORYJEAN said...

Amazing!!!!! It puts our gingerbread house to shame! What an awesome gift. Hope it tastes as good as it looks.