October 29, 2009

Tea Party



Ryan and I usually sleep in on Saturday and Sunday while the girls play downstairs or watch cartoons. Sunday morning/(afternoon ;) Ryan and I finally climb out of bed, and went looking for our girls (I know, we are such good and responsible parents! haha! Our kids could be burning down the house and we would be sleeping right through it. Good thing they don't know about matches...yet.)

Ryan found them downstairs having a tea party. Madi and Avery set up places for all their animals and each one had to eat all their food around the "table". It was really cute.

Madi would say, "No, doggy. You have to take three more bites before you go and play."

Hmm...I wonder where she learned that?

9 comments:

amy jane carpenter said...

A trampoline table! I love it! If they had brothers i can guarantee you they would have run and jumped on it as they were enjoying their lovely table spread. And don't feel bad about sleeping in while they play in the morning. That's how my boys have learned...ok been forced...to be better friends and playmates with each other. -And how all sorts of mischief and messes happen as well. :) cute post!

Nicole Leavitt said...

Haha that is so cute! What fun little girls you have! Isnt it funny how kids take what we say and apply it to their siblings? Chayse does it all the time and Im like "wow do i really say that? i sound like that? man i am a nag!" haha!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

So cUTE!! I wish my kids would play that well together:)-cute girls!

Tammy said...

How adorable! They are so sweet to share with their animals. They are learning to be good mothers.

It is always surprising to hear ourselves being quoted by our children. Just wait....it gets more interesting.

Andrea said...

I think it IS the true mark of a responsible parent that you can let your children tend to themselves for a bit while you get a little extra rest! It means that you have taught them well.

...Right?

Skye said...

I love it! Madi and Avery are so good together, I hope they remain great friends throughout their childhood :)

Unknown said...

How sweet. They did such a great job setting the table with plates and food and making sure everyone had a place to sit. Oh and don't feel too bad...Kev and I try to sleep in on weekends until we hear screaming, or knocking on our door over and over and over. Usually I just leave the door cracked open so I can hear things more easily; then you have little people sneaking in and climbing all over you and poking your eyes. oh sleep, I sure do miss you! LOL

KristaN107 said...

FUN!!! That sounds exactly like something Holly and I used to do when we were little kids. Your girls would be so fun to play with!! :) Creative and independent. hehe... love it.

Cristi said...

that is sooo precious!