October 23, 2008

A NEW adventure and how it ALL began!

I have been addicted to scrapbooking since the day my best friend Emily introduced me to it back in 8th grade. I have almost everything you can imagine from paper, stamps, accessories, to a fun cricuit machine! I love scrapbooking, taking pictures and journaling, (it's pretty obvious as I blog and take pictures of almost everything and then scrapbook it too!)

I love scrapbooking and recording stories so much in fact, that in the summer of 2006, I tried to use that passion and make my own business doing other people's scrapbooks while making money on the side. So I came up with a business to do just that, where I would met with a customer and look over their family/personal pictures, record their stories about each picture, and get their vision of what they wanted. After gathering as much information as I could, I then would use my creative skills to make them a beautiful scrapbook of all their most treasured memories! I had a layouts, prices, flyers and many other things ready to go! But I just could never get it started with one thing popping up after another...(life is just crazy sometimes!) Yet, that dream was always in the back of my mind hoping one day to emerge! So I am totally EXCITED to say that that DAY is HERE!!!

Last week a friend of mine invited me to a heritage party, I had no idea then, that I would fall COMPLETELY in love that night! (Don't worry, I didn't fall in love with some second cousin or something, I still love Ryan...haha). My friend, Cristi had mentioned Heritage Makers back in August, but I didn't really understand it. I was intrigued but just thought I would keep doing what I was already doing. Even before I was introduced to Heritage Makers, I was feeling something exciting stir within me as I walked in and saw all the beautiful display of family books bound together in all sizes with memories from everything you can imagine! There were books, cards, posters, calendars and scrapbooking pages showing generations of family stories, photos, and memories. I never thought I would enjoy digital scrapbooking as much because I have always been a glue stick, scissors type person, but I am really excited to do more digital scrapbooking, but also deciding to be a consultant. So wish me luck as I start this NEW adventure in my life! (If anyone wants to learn more click the link on the side -Heritage Makers).

8 comments:

The Suttons said...

How fun for you!! Congratulations on starting that new adventure and good luck!!

Andrea said...

That's cool you found something to be passionate over - good luck! Emily said those books were really neat, and I was sad to miss the party. On a different note...who took your family pictures?

Oh, so I did some snooping backward and found out who did your photos - don't know how I missed that post! Anyway, how much does he charge? Where is that tunnel (second picture down on your side bar) - or is it a tunnel? Like you, I have been meaning to have fam pictures taken for YEARS (3 to be exact), but haven't. That is one of the reasons I want to go to Boise (know an awesome photographer there), but we never get around to it and probably never will.

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Good Luck Christy!! Sounds like it will be a lot of fun!!-

Unknown said...

That is so exciting! I have heard of the heritage stuff and it's pretty awesome. I bet you are so thrilled! You go girl!!

Sarah and Adam said...

So here I was thinking you weren't posting as often (the one entry you mentioned you might not) and here you are with so much new stuff! I LOVE your family pictures, you are outshining your whole family though! What a hottie!

RORYJEAN said...

Wow- sounds like fun! I wish I was into scrapbooking. I love reading them, but I hate doing crafty stuff that requires scissors and the ability to cut straight lines and what not (I know, how un-mormon of me, haha). Digital scrapbooking sounds interesting though- I like doing that kind of stuff on the computer. I can't wait to hear more about how it all turns out for you.

The Moore Family said...

Gotta love new addictions!! Best of luck my friend! See ya soon!!!

Cristi said...

Heritage Makers is the bomb! I knew it wouldn't be long before you jumped in! ;)