October 31, 2008

A great pumpkin and...a wonderful surprise!

As always on Halloween the tradition is to buy a pumpkin(s), carve a delicate face or object of worth and proudly display the finished masterpiece on the porch for all trick or treat-ers to see! We asked Madi if we should do a scary face or a happy face, and again this year it was unanimous, we went with the less scary and did a happy face...
Madi and dad getting right to work!

Madi wanted to do it by herself, but constantly kept getting frustrated that she couldn't cut into it, who can blame her?? It's tough cutting into one of those things!
But she was pretty happy overall!

Avery didn't help much with the carving, ok, she didn't do any of it, but she did sit patiently and watch Daddy and Madi carve it. Of course her patience was due to the fact she was eating a ghost-shaped sugar cookie...that can keep any baby/toddler/teenager/adult happy at least until it's gone! Here she is showing and tantalizing the left-for-later crumbs strewn across her face for all viewers, like US, to crave.

What a happy pumpkin! Way to go Madi and Dad! (At the last minute we decided to add two teeth...we thought it would fit in with pocatello folks a bit more. haha. jk!;)


Even with a happy face, he still looks a bit scary. Everything is just scarier in the dark!
---------------------------------------------------
So after we carved, examined it for per-fect-tion, (like it really matters?!) ate sugar cookies, we took our masterpiece of a pumpkin out to his new home-the porch. But when we opened the front door, to our surprise, there sat a box. It must have come a few hours earlier and we never heard anything. We rush it into the house and open it like it's Christmas morning! Ryan's mom-bless her, sent us a cute dinosaur costume for Madi! I have never seen Madi light up as much as she did when she saw it!! Her smile and enthusiasm seriously made the room glow! (Thanks Mom and Bob for that great gift! I wish you could have been here to see her! I think we were able to catch a glimpse of that in these pictures!)
She wanted to see the beauty for herself! ;)

She had it on the rest of the night, growling and running around, of course like what else, but a ferocious dinosaur! She even wanted to wear it to bed, I probably would have let her (ok maybe not) if it wasn't so tight around her head...I know, I am such a uptight mom, huh?!
Sometimes it's almost a natural instinct for Madi to turn into some sort of animal, and dinosaurs especially...haha. She makes one "scary" dinosaur! ;)



Mom also sent Ryan this amazing NACHO LIBRE mask!!! haha! That's awesome! Mom bought this mask in mexico, right??

(Ryan says: I even have the belly of a luchador!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute. I love Madi's face in the costume and w/ her pumpkin. So much fun.

Andrea said...

Those are fun pictures! And let me say that I LOVE your new template! If it didn't say happy thanksgiving, I think I would steal it and use it year-round on my blog!

It was fun to see you last night, and I felt so guilty when you commented on my blog, cause I realized after posting it that you are a consultant for one of those companies, and I was afraid I would offend you - and others. I even went back to Emily's last night and told her about it and exclaimed how I hoped you wouldn't hate me now! You are funny - thanks for commenting. Don't feel dumb, either. I didn't mean for anyone to feel bad. I hope it's not my fault that you are changing your mind about your new career! If you were already wanting a refund, then I hope you can get it! I think everyone has been talked into something like that before - for some reason it's so easy to do at those parties. I think that's why they don't want you to wait or think about it for too long. But if you are truly excited and passionate about it, just go for it! I would be happy to come to a party, although I don't do digital scrap booking, and my husband already thinks I'm crazy for the small amount of $ I spend on scrapping, so I probably couldn't buy anything.

It probably all just boils down to my being CHEAP! I hate spending money on something if I know I can get it cheaper somewhere else. I have serious buyers remorse issues, so I always come away from home parties feeling terrible! I love Mary Kay, for instance (it's the only brand I wear actually), but my SIL can get it 50% off, so I order through her rather than buy anything at the 5 bajillion parties I go to. And Emily is sure to get me something from Pampered Chef for every birthday and Christmas (her sister is a consultant so she gets a discount), so why buy anything full price? But I agree that it's easy to get excited and think you can't live without something when you are in the midst of it, so I always end up buying something.

Anyway am I rambling? Why don't we get together and "do lunch" or something? Then we could discuss all this person to person. :) Good luck with what you decide to do! I'll be anxious to know what that is.

Leanne said...

Excellent costumes and pumpkin! I especially like the pumpkin's eyebrows...they add personality!

The Suttons said...

Cute! I love Madi's costume, it's adorable. It was fun to see you last night! :)

Nicole Leavitt said...

What darling costumes! Hope you all are doing good! :)