October 21, 2008

GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!

I have been totally spoiled by my husband this past week... having a girls night out Wednesday night, Thursday having a scrapbooking night with some other girl friends, then Friday afternoon I had the chance to go to Boise with my mom and hang out all weekend with some of my best friends! Staying up late or should I say early morning hours talking and laughing like giggly teenage girls with no responsiblity! It has been non-stop girl time the entire week! So fun! Ryan took care of our girls and the house while I was away! Thanks babe!

This is my best friend, Kimberly who I haven't seen in almost 5 years! (and it looks as though my hair was on fire, or a bad highlighting job!) It was so great to see her and spend hours catching up! She is living in Oklahoma now with her husband and their three CUTE, CUTE kids! She is also pregnant with number 4 and it's a girl! Below is a picture of her
cute little boy, Parker. He looks like he is starting track early.... Ready-Set-GO!!! He is such a cute boy!

Saturday morning I went out to breakfast with my beautiful friend, Joanna! We had such a good time together as we always do and got lots of strange looks at the mall, as we
laughed our heads off while shopping together. Isn't she beautiful?!  Thanks Joanna for an awesome afternoon! I am so glad I got to see you!
I also got to spend some quality time with my best friends that I have known since middle school, Emily and Krista!!! It's been almost two years since I have seen Emily! We all have so much in common and yet are different in so many ways, but our friendship goes deep and I know we will always be friends! I love these girls!
Emily's family grows grapes in their backyard and when we were young we used to eat (more like swallow) them all the time during this time of year. So while I was there I got to enjoy some delicious sweet grapes! It brought back so many memories!
Kim, Krista and I got together late Saturday night and just had the greatest time! We tried over and over again to get a good picture, but kept laughing and making faces, finally I think we got a few!
I LOVE YOU GIRLS! Thanks for the fun and crazy weekend!


8 comments:

Andrea said...

I've been dying to get to Boise to see some of my best friends, but nothing has worked out quite yet. I'm glad you got to have such a fun week! We all need a week like that every once in a while to remember what it's like to just be a GIRL!

The Suttons said...

How fun Christy!! What a nice husband to let you go do that! Looks like it was a great weekend! I am glad you had fun. Everyone deserves a weekend away, especially us mommies!!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

What a cute post!! I had so much fun! Thanks again for driving down to see me and tell Ryan thanks for watching the girls so you could play :)

Cristi said...

Luckeee! I've Alan alone for a day before and I think it pretty much did him in.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had so much fun. That's so awesome that you were able to get away and have tons of fun. I need to be better at doing that...getting away. :)

Morgan said...

Good husband...especially since he is so busy! And I'm glad you got to have fun with old friends. It must be hard to be away from all your old friends! I take for granted the fact that I'm so close to mine...anyway, you look cute, and see you soon!

RORYJEAN said...

Wow! What fun- I am so jeallous! I wish I cold have been there- I love those girls! You girls all look so beautiful and happy, too!

Joanna said...

Thanks for saying such nice things about me. You're such a sweetheart and I really did have a fun time with you. I was so glad that we got to spend some time together during your visit. I hope you had fun too. And I just have to tell you you are gorgeous! I especially love the family pic of you guys in the barn with the light in the doorway. Oh my gosh! You look like a model! Beautiful!