June 9, 2008

Our Tribute to Nachoooooooo!!!!

Ryan and I absolutely love the movie Nacho Libre...I know we are totally weird and dorky...but it is one of our all time favorite movies to quote! We have a few friends that share this love with us too...sorry didn't mean to call you guys all dorks! (you know who you are! haha) Anyway our friends, Jeremy and Morgan also share this great love with us and are constantly cracking us up with their Jack Black impersonations and facial expressions...
Every time they call us or we call them to come over, we say, "I was wondering if you would like to join us in our quarters this night... for some toast. Last night we invited them over for some toast(chocolate cake). We made a cake and before they came over Ryan and I wrote Toast on the top of it with pretzels...they busted up laughing when they saw our "toast". We took pictures with our "toast" as we all desperately tried to make the best Nacho Libre facial expressions. Here's our best work....
-----------------------------------
Morgan pulling a FANTASTIC Nacho grin...Me, well I stink at making facial expressions, so I just look like a lousy pirate with a twitch in my eye... "argh matey"

Morgan and I laughing so hard we couldn't compose ourselves long enough to make another Nacho facial expression...

Jeremy and Ryan pulling their cheesy Nacho grins....haha!

Ryan longing to eat some "toast".....




Since Ryan and I love this movie so much and many of our friends do too, I thought it would be fun to list some of the most memorable quotes of Nacho Libre....enjoy!!!

----------------------------------------
Nacho: I was wondering if you would like to join me in my quarters this night... for some toast.

Nacho: Chancho. When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun.

Esqueleto: I don't believe in God, I believe in science.

Nacho: They think I do not know a butt load of crap about the Gospel, but I do!

Sister Encarnación: Well, my favorite color is light tan. My favorite animal is puppies. I like serving the lord. Hiking, play volleyball... Nacho: You gotta be kidding me. Everything you just said, is MY favorite thing to do, every day!

Señor Ramon: What is this? Nacho: Leftovers. Enjoy. Señor Ramon: There is no flavor. There are no spices. Where are the chips? Nacho: Somebody stole them. Señor Ramon: Did you not tell them that they were the Lord's chips?

Nacho: Ok. Orphans! Listen to Ignacio. I know it is fun to wrestle. A nice piledrive to the face... or a punch to the face... but you cannot do it. Because, it is in the Bible not to wrestle your neighbour. Chancho: So you've never wrestled? Nacho: Me? No. Come on. Don't be crazy. I know the wrestlers get all the fancy ladies, and the clothes, and the fancy creams and lotions. But my life is good! Really good! I get to wake up every morning, at 5AM, and make some soup! It's the best. I love it. I get to lay in a bed, all by myself, all of my life! That's fantastic!

Nacho: My life is good. Real good.

Esqueleto: Surpise. [holding corn in both hands] Nacho: Get that corn outta my face!

Sister Encarnación: Where are your robes, Ignacio? Nacho: They were... stinky. These are my recreational clothes. Sister Encarnación: They look expensive. Nacho: Thank you. I mean... they might have the appearance of riches, but beneath the clothes, we find a man... and beneath the man we find... his... nucleus. Sister Encarnación: Nucleus?

Nacho: [singing] I ate some bugs, I ate some grass, I used my hand, to wipe my tears.

Esqueleto: [to Ramses] I think me and my friend are ready to go pro!

Nacho: So anyways, let's get down to the nitty gritty... Who is this Encarnación?

Emperor: In order for you to become empowered by the eagle, you must climb that cliff, find the egg, crack open one of them, and then eat the yolk. Nacho: So, what you're saying to me is if I can eat this yolk, my moves will become the best in the whole world. Emperor: Definitely. Nacho: [holds hand up] High Five

2 comments:

Andrea said...

This post has inspired me to rent Nacho. We haven't seen it in years, and we've started to rent older movies lately, as there are no good new ones out. This will definitely be our Saturday night "date" this weekend! Thanks for the reminder of the hilarity!

Cristi said...

dang it. i wish we could have been there for your "toast"!