May 16, 2008

Our New Piano!

Ryan and I have been wanting to get a piano, well ever since we were married, but could never afford one until now! Thanks to President Bush! :) We have been looking and checking out pianos online, and in stores for the past several months. We got a flyer in the mail last week saying that Idaho State University was selling all their old pianos, so we set up an appointment to go look at them, and found the perfect one for us! We got a brand new one for just a little bit more then what the used ones cost. It is a Yamaha Clavinova 230. We wanted one that could hook up to the computer to record music, but also one that looked nice. Ryan has an amazing voice and he has written many songs in college and since we have been married. He has made 3 CD with his A capella group, Poprox and also has done several single hits! Someday I will have to download some of his songs! They are amazing!
I also play piano some, though I am not as good. I do enjoy sitting down and playing some hymns(the easy ones). Anyway we are just super excited to finally have a piano in our home!!!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Whit-Woo! That's a good-lookin' piece of machinery! Ours is so ugly I'm embarrassed of it, but hey, it works...or at least it DID work before we moved (it's still in our garage), and it was free (Ty's mom gave it to us as a graduation present when he graduated from college). I took lessons for 10 years, but can't play a tune to save my life (yeah, my mom is so proud and glad she spent the $ on lessons), but I hope to have my children play someday.

Cristi said...

Yay! I saw that you texted me a picture of it! I wish we lived near each other so we could work on sweet songs like Taco bell.

Ashlie said...

Congrats on the piano! They're great to have. I need to practice on mine more, but I don't want to play in church! LOL

Andrea said...

What? No blogging about your marathon weekend? I will be checking for updates every hour. :)

Christy said...

Haha! I was just about to start writing about it...coming soon!

Andrea said...

I saw Shantaila last night about 8:00 pm - no baby as of then. Poor girl. The crop was fun - I only got two pages done, one of which I'll probably re-do cause it's really ugly. Looking forward to your next post!

Alan Lindsay said...

Finally you can get back to tickling the ivory!