September 28, 2020

My Grandparents Home

This was my grandpa and grandma Newman's house when I was growing up. They lived up in the mountains of Star Valley Wyoming. I loved visiting them and their home. They had acres of land all around them to hike and explore. To ride snow mobiles and sled down hills. It was like kid paradise! And it really was filled with so many great memories with me and my siblings and cousins. We used to sled down the hill next to my grandparents house and it was so fun! I remember peeing my pants one time as I laughed so hard! Another time we went on a hike behind their home and ran into a moose! We saw Elk, deer and all sorts of wildlife on those hikes. In the summer time we would take my grandparents RV and boat and drive south a few hours and go boating at Bear Lake. So many special memories!

One of my cousins bought their home when my grandmother got too sick and they had to relocate somewhere closer for her to get assistance. My grandpa stayed by her side until she passed away and then he moved to Mount Pleasant, Utah. My cousin Amber posted on Facebook one day that it had burned down. I was so sad to hear this. I am glad she and her family are safe but what a loss it was. But I wanted to show a before picture because it really was such a special place to me and I believe everyone else too.




 

No comments: