September 3, 2013

First Day of School


The girls were so excited to get school clothes and pick out what they were going to wear for their first day. Avery and Emily both ride a bus to school. Avery catches her bus at 11:20 and Emily's bus comes 10 minutes after. It's so nice having a few hours to myself, to clean or run errands alone.  And then be home before they get back. After school Avery comes home on the bus with Madisen. And then Emily's bus drops her off in front of our home about an hour later. 

Madisen was more than ready to start 2nd grade.  She looked beautiful!



 Beautiful Emily

This picture just cracked me up...



Cutie-pie Avery!


I dropped Avery and Emily off on their first day of school. The following day Avery rode the bu,s but me- being the crazy, paranoid mom that I am sometimes, followed the bus to school to make sure she got there safely and to show her where to line up. I am sure the bus driver rolled her eyes at me a few times! haha! Avery did great though, and I no longer worry about her. 

Emily and I got to her school afterwards and played on the playground till her school started.

I love being able to watch her play and run and laugh. 


I have mixed feelings about my kids going back to school. I love to have them home with me, knowing they are safe and I can cuddle with them at any moment of the day. But it's also nice when they are at school to have some time to myself too. 

No comments: