September 23, 2012

Summer Goals!

At the start of the summer I wanted our girls to have some goals to work on. So I made up some charts for them and I was actually surprised that we followed through! I don't know how many charts, chore charts, reading charts, goal charts, exercise charts, and dinner charts that I have made and only do it for a week and then forget about it or say, "I will start that again, tomorrow!" and never do. So I was proud of my girls for helping and being responsible in finishing each goal we set out to do.


Madisen's summer goal was to read 300 books by the end of August. Avery's summer goal was to learn 100 basic sight words. I wanted them to be able to win a prize once they reached a certain point in their goal that way they knew they were getting closer to the Grand Prize. 



Emily really didn't have goals like the other two did. But we read many books together and she did pick up several sight words along with Avery.


After reading 100 books and learning 33 sight words they each were able to pick out a $20 prize at the store. What they all picked out at the store totally describes each of their personalities so well...
loves animals

loves Princesses

loves electronics

After reading 200 books and learning 66 sight words the girls got to take a friend to Hop-2-it. It's a bounce house play place. We had a great time!

Madisen invited her friend Lydia from Primary



Avery brought her friend Brody...who she says she is going to marry someday. Hmmm...better keep an eye on them.









Eating Cotton Candy


(This was taken on another day we went to Hop-2-it. We had a month pass and got to go several times. I thought this picture was funny of them together playing).


And the Grand Prize was a Trampoline!!! 
They finished their goals with a day to spare! Madisen read 300 1st-3rd grade level books and Avery learned 100 sight words. Congratulations girls! We are so proud of you!!











1 comment:

The Moore Family said...

Yay for a trampoline!! They entertain children so well. Love the BSU get up....love your trip to Lagoon. Happy Anniversary to such an awesome couple! I just love it all! Such an awesome mom you are. Take Care!