January 4, 2012

A trip to Oklahoma

Since finding out that we are moving back to Idaho, it has been bitter-sweet. One of the bitter reasons, is because my best friend from high school, Kimberly lives only 3 1/2 hours north of us, in Oklahoma. We have only gotten together twice in the last year. So I want to take as many opportunities to see her as possible before we move and we are 25 hours away!  On December 16th I left the kids home with Ryan and headed up to Oklahoma. Kimberly's oldest child, Aliya was getting baptized that weekend, so it was the perfect weekend to be there. I loved seeing her get baptized. I got to hold Aliya the day she was born in the Rexburg Hospital so it's hard to believe it's been over 8 years! She was the most beautiful baby and now is the most beautiful 8 year old! 

I had such a fun time. We played a lot games and just hung out like old times. I also got to see my second parents. Kimberly's parents were there as well and it was a blast seeing MomC and DadC again. It's been 4 years since I have seen MomC. In high school their house was my second home. I felt so welcomed there that I would just walk in and lay in the middle of MomC and DadC  in bed and talk to them until Kimberly got home from wherever she was! We laughed about that and other fun memories from high school. 

Thanks Kimberly, Alex, Aliya, Landon, Parker, Zurie, MomC and DadC for such a fun weekend!
This is Kimberly and her husband Alex. 
Zurie-2 (will be 3 in a few weeks), Aliya-8, Parker-4
(Landon-5 was missing. He took off early to lunch with the grandparents.)

2 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Okay I am back in town. . .so lets plan our next adventure :)!!

Pattie D said...

Oh...I have been a slacker in reading your blog and this just made me cry!!!! Dang I had fun and I miss you girls... Maybe someday we can all live close, pop popcorn, make crafts and just chat and play a game or two also! Love you! You were a great part of our "Idaho" life. One I miss deeply. But for some reason we need to be here...hopefully not for forever. Enjoy your time in Idaho, and give your sweet mother a hug from me! I miss her too and our spontaneous lunch dates!