August 22, 2011

First Day of School....First Day of School!!

Madisen started 1st grade today.
I just kept looking at her standing there with her backpack on thinking, "gosh she is big!"

Emily wanted to start school today too. She went and got her shoes on, and stood by the door next to Madisen in her backwards pj's with milk spots. :)

When Madisen left, Emily threw a fit because she couldn't go with Madisen.
She kept saying, "I 'nna go! I 'nna go!"



Growing up my dad would give us father blessings before heading to school the next day.
But since we had everyone over last night for Avery's birthday party we forgot to. So tonight as tradition we will be doing that for her. I hope Madisen likes her class and teacher this year.


5 comments:

The Moore Family said...

1st Grade!!?? Wow! She looks beautiful!! And I love that tradition. Take Care!

Smiles_allot13 said...

I can't believe how fast they are growing up! Madi's hair is getting so long too

Rachel Schanz said...

so crazy! I just caught up with all your goings on.... it's crazy the parallels that we have....anyway glad to see you guys are doing great in Texas!

Unknown said...

Can't believe how big Madi is! How does she love school? She's so grown up.
Is Avery in preschool? Will she go to kindergarten next year? I'll have to make that decision w/ Sya when that time comes, these August bdays sometimes are tricky w/ school, or so I hear. haha.
Love your recent posts. Sorry I haven't commented on them all. Hope all is just perfect!

Tammy said...

Madi is getting so big and looks so adorable! Avery and Emily's turns will come all too soon. Some of these changes are bittersweet.