May 18, 2010

Back on the Scale, Again.




I am a BIG fan of the show, The Biggest Loser.

I love it. I love the contestants. I love the trainers. I love the drama and the intensity of the workouts. It inspires me to work out harder. It challenges me to not give up so easily. It motivates me to work a little harder; to run a little farther, to be a little better.

The final four contestants ran a marathon. That has always been one of my goals, to be able to run a marathon. And if they could do it, so can I.

I was able to lose 25 pounds after the twins were born and I was really proud of myself. However, (and I am not proud to say this) I have already gained back 10 pounds!


And even though I have been training for a half marathon, I still have not lost a single pound. In fact, I have GAINED a few besides the 10. I am pretty sure I have gained some muscle mass, which we all know weighs more than fat. Yet I don't want to blame gaining weight on gaining muscle weight. What a lame excuse that would be. Plus, that doesn't make me feel any better to see that awful number on the dreaded scale.

Someday I want to be able to do this...

Instead of this...


So, once again I am committing now to work hard at losing the weight for good and KEEPING it off. For some reason it is easier for me to make weight loss goals by telling people. Weird, I know. It's probably just because if I have to report to someone it makes me do it. So that is what I am going to do on this blog, report every week to YOU.

Keeping the weight off is going to be a life long battle, I am sure. But I can't give up and throw in the towel now or ever. I am going to start counting those calories again and working harder than ever. So please, pray for me. haha!

No. I'm serious.


My mom has inspired me lately. She has lost 22 pounds as of last week and I am so proud of her. She looks great! She wants to lose another 17 pounds to reach her goal and be that "sexy lady". I think she already is! Good job mom!

My goals: To lose 15 pounds in three months...by August 19th. And to run a marathon this summer.



Isn't that the truth??



11 comments:

Genny said...

Way to set goals for yourself! However, you must know that you are at a very healthy weight if your BMI is 22. You look FABULOUS!!!!

Leslie said...

OH, I'm with ya girl! I have so much baby weight to lose. But I have 5 more weeks until I'm supposed to work-out again. Just walking for now. But did you know that was one of the things I kept thinking when I trained for my marathon - "if the contestants of Biggest Loser can run a marathon...SURELY I can!" and i did!! You can too!! Although, I don't think you have anything you need to lose - you look so great!! Skinny in all your picts.! Buut non-the-less, good luck to us both -may we be hot mamas (for ourselves & our hubbies) this summer! :)

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Good Luck!! Wish i had your motivation!! GOod Luck with the marathon-that is on my bucket list too!!

Morgan said...

good luck! i have had awesome luck with losing weight from running lately, so i know you can do it!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Good luck missy! I will be joining you as soon as this baby comes out...not for a few more months still. Anyways, goodluck!

Cristi said...

I love biggest loser, too! I grew up in the same stake as Koli from this season!

The Harwood Family said...

I hate to tell you this, but I was good with my weight UNTIL I started training for a marathon. My thighs got huge and I gained at least 5-7 lbs. I know, not much, but totally depressing when I was running ALL THE TIME!!!! And I was STARVING all the time. I'm glad it's over! So just don't be disappointed if you start training for a full and start gaining again. What marathon are you going to do? I will probably do one again...we will see.

Andrea said...

Did I just leave same comment twice? Sorry.

Andrea said...

Who cares about weight? It's size that matters. Just worry about losing inches, cause weight is shifty and unreliable. That's what I always say.

p.s. experts say that running marathons is NOT a good way to lose weight. I'm no expert, but I say running marathons is just plain crazy.

Unknown said...

I am very impressed! I set goals and don't meet them and deside to eat instead.. I have had a really hard time loosing weight since Whitney was born. I love the biggest loser too... but instead of motivating me I sit on the couch and eat a candy bar (shhh don't tell anyone)! I love the difference between man and a women!

Tammy said...

I finally finished watching the rest of the Biggest Loser and was amazed that they were able to finish a Marathon! I feel the same way that you do, that if they can do it there is hope for me.

I know that goals are good to have but be a bit gentle with yourself. You are busy raising three daughters and have a busy schedule. I know you and you will lose it though. You already look amazing as you are.

Yoo Hoo Rebecca for losing weight!