January 13, 2010

Another Favorite


My sister, April made this dish for us one time for dinner and I have made it at least twice a month since! It's healthy, fast and so good! I love it! And my kids like it too!


Ingredients:

Saute' all these together:
1 TBSP olive oil
1 medium onion- chopped
1 package of Italian sausage- sliced up
1 tsp. garlic (optional)
1 large tomato- chopped up
1 package of mushrooms (optional)
2 squash- sliced up
2 zucchini- sliced up

Cook on Medium High. Stir often and cover with lid. When squash and zucchini are tender it's done about 15 minutes or so.You can salt if you like, I just like it plain because it makes a lot of juices while it cooks.
Hope you like it too!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Mmm...that looks good. Bet it would be good with chicken, too. And even healthier!

The Suttons said...

That looks really good! I might have to try that-thanks for sharing!!

Joanna said...

That sounds yummy. I make that same thing and just put in cauliflower and broccoli and carrots and serve over rice and use turkey sausage (which I got the idea from you I think). I love turkey kielbasa!
But I'm definitely going to try it with the squash and zucchini because I LOVE them!