August 15, 2009

Welcome Home Emily!!!

Geez wiz...my poor blog just doesn't get the attention it deserves! I wish I was more motivated to make my posts a little cuter, a little funnier and maybe a tad more frequent...yeah, that would be nice.

BIG NEWS!!!


EMILY is HOME!!!!


Emily and Madi both have the same red stork mark on their foreheads. Madi's has faded a lot since she was born and so will Emily's.
This is the first time the girls got to meet their baby sister. They were really excited to hold her and very curious about her. Every time we took Emily away from Avery, Avery would just bawl. It was pretty cute!


We got to bring Emily home last Saturday. She has been home for a whole week! We went down last Friday and stayed with her until Monday. Came home Monday night then went back down Thursday and on Saturday Emily was released from the hospital to our care....kind of scary at first, but she is doing great and we are really so excited to have her home. So.....

Welcome home baby girl!!!
(I have been wanting to say that for a very long time!;)

Emily is now 6 pounds 9 ounces as of Tuesday(so she probably weighs more today). Emily is on oxygen and the doctors have told us to keep her away from stores,church, public places probably until next April/May, after RSV season. Emily will be four months old on the 19th! I can't believe it! Technically she and Ethan were suppose to come today! August 15th was my due date with them.

I have a ton of pictures to share, but unfortunately most of our pictures were downloaded to our home computer, which currently is not working. Don't know what happened, one morning it just didn't want to turn on and hasn't turned on since(I have mornings like that too, I guess). We got a new video card for it, hoping that would fix the problem, but it didn't. We will have to take it into the shop again! Ugh. So I am typing on my husband's laptop, which has a few pictures on it to share.
Emily's little profile. She was sleeping while being gavauge fed...one of her last tube feedings! Sunday, August 1st.

One of the nurses that takes care of Emily said Emily had pulled her feeding tube out of her nose and from then on she has been drinking from a bottle ever since. The doctor's and nurses were pretty surprised she did so well with her feedings after being on a ventilator and having a tube down her throat for so long. I guess Emily was ready to be a big girl and took matters into her own hands! :)
Emily's first bath at home! I wrap her all up in a warm towel and she loves it!

25 comments:

Rachel Schanz said...

Yea Emily!!!! We are so excited for you! I can't believe how big she is! We would love to come see her but you let me know when that would be good for you and her. Woo hoo!! :)

Nick & Steph said...

That is so exciting! Welcome home to little Emily. Congratulations, Hodges family!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Welcome HOme Baby!!! She is so cute :)-I love Avery's expressions-Almost looks like she is thinking what is this thing-LOL-I am so glad that she is home and gets to feel all that love you all have for her. Way to go Emily!

Skye said...

We are so happy for you guys!!! Emily looks SO SO good! I can't even imagine the excitement for Madi and Avery to meet their little sister for the first time :0). I know you guys have been on a roller coaster ride, but you guys were so amazing and strong during the whole thing. Emily couldn't ask for better parents, and neither could Ethan :) Give little Emily tons of hugs and kisses for us. And don't forget to smother your other two angels with kisses from us too. We miss them! Let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do. Congrats again!!!

Leanne said...

I'm SOOO happy for you guys!!! How fabulous to be able to have her home and doing so well! She is so precious and sweet! Congrats guys!

Andrea said...

Hooray! I hoped this was the reason you hadn't posted in so long. I'm so happy for your little family!

Since you'll be out of the public arena for a while, I expect LOTS of blog posts. Thank goodness for blogging during RSV season, huh?

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Emily is so beautiful! I'm so glad that she's home. Looks like her big sisters are just loving every moment with their baby. I can't wait to meet baby Emily.
About your computer, Kevin knows lots about 'em, so he can take a look and maybe get it working again. Then you won't have to take it in to get fixed and pay lots of money...seriously. Kevin won't mind at all. I will call you in the next day or two.
I sure have missed talking to you! So glad things are going well!
Love ya!

Just Only Me said...

Love it. What a milemark and wonderful celebration time for your family. So tickled for you all!!

Cristi said...

Oh this makes me want to cry!!! I am sooo happy for you guys! And so glad you don't have to drive down to Utah anymore! She is just as cute as a button. Brooke has that same mark on her forehead, and EMma has one on the back of her neck. hmmm. Maybe we're all related! :)Alan and Ryan really ARE brothers!

Ashlie said...

That's so awesome, Christy! I'm so happy for your family. Emily is getting so big! I can't believe it. Wahoo! Congratulations :)

Nicole Leavitt said...

yay! i am so happy that she got to come home! she looks so cute!!! oh i just love babies! she makes me want another one!

we brought chayse home on oxygen, and when he got off of it, we were scared first time parents and kept thinking breathing was for geniuses and he wouldn't be able to do it...so we had him in our bed built up on blankets and pillows and we became the lightest sleepers ever. Thus started him sleeping in our bed and the 3.5 yr battle to get him out. So my advice to you, (if you are a worry wart like me)...trust the doctors when they say she is ok to get off the oxygen..that she really will be ok and you don't have to lay really close to her face just so you can feel her breath on your nose! haha! (am i sounding pathetic yet haha!)

(im really tired and my head hurts..so if my comment doesn't make sense..just ignore it! :) )

Blake and Lara said...

That is just AWESOME news!!! She looks so big and healthy. I'm sure you guys have your hands full with having 3 at home now! I wanted to say thanks for all your nice comments on our blog. We talked to the Auger's about the other rental house but they had JUST rented it. We were SO bummed. It would have been fun but it looks like we will be renting in Chubbuck starting in Sept. You guys are awesome and congrats on your sweet girl being home!!

*Sheigh* said...

Oh Christy...I am sooo happy that Emily is home!!! YAY!!! I can't wait to meet her! I love love love the pix of the girls with their baby sister! I really like the one of Avery kissin her. Moments like that are priceless. I am soo happy for you and for Ryan to have your baby girl home. And its awesome about her weight and her eating from a bottle like a big girl. I hope everything is well and if you need anything please let me know! Love ya!

Pattie D said...

Yeah for baby Emily! Congratulations on her arrival to your home, what a huge blessing and event...
Enjoy the time!
hugs
MOMC

Chelsie said...

YYYAAAYYYY!! That is SO exciting and it looks like she has 2 very loving older sisters to help take care of her! Congrats! Welcome home Emily!

The Suttons said...

yay!!! So glad she is finally home! Can we bring you dinner anytime? She is so adorable and I for sure see a lot of Avery in her. Congrats-love ya!!

RORYJEAN said...

I'm so happy this day has finally happened for you and your family!Emily is so adorable- I love that picture of Avery kissing her- it's too cute for words. I hope she continues to thrive and stay healthy, and that you get some rest now that you have three little ones at home.

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

YEA! I am so glad she is finally home. No more days away from you little miracle. I am glad she is doing well. It looks like your girls adore her. She looks so big now. Congrats on finally getting to bring Emily home.

Tony and Shelly said...

Home :) what a nice word... means so much right now for you all I bet.

Congratulations Emily - We're all so proud of you and we're all so thankful your mommy blogs as much ( or as little ) as she can to share you with us all. You are really amazing and strong and I hope I get to meet you some time soon!

We love you all. Praying and pulling for you as usual.
-Shelly & Family.

Jeff and Laura said...

I am so happy for you! What a cutie!

Cami said...

Baby Emily is home! I am so happy for your whole family! Way to preservere Christy and Ryan, each trial gives us strength, you 2 are amazing, thankyou for your faith, examples, and diligence in endurance. I hope the best for your cute Emily, she is so sweet!

Tammy said...

Ryan had the same mark on his forehead when he was a baby. I love how all of your children are the perfect yet unique mixture of both you and Ryan.

We are so excited that you are all under one roof and able to care for each other. We love you all and are so grateful for all of the good news. Mom & Bob

The Moore Family said...

So, I'm such a horrible friend!!! But here I am finally taking some time to check out the Hodges blog!! (just for the record, I haven't been on anyones blog...)And wow I've missed a lot. First of all, I'm so happy for you guys. Welcome home Emily!! What a sweetheart she is. Hope all is well, and we need to talk!!
Now I'm going to continue to scan up your blog and read about what else you've been up too!

The Lorenc Family said...

Yay!!!!! I love the pictures of the girls holding her. Priceless.

My Story said...

How exciting! Hope everything is going good. Yeah for Emily, I bet she loves being by her family finally!