October 13, 2008

Can dogs pray?

I wanted to share a conversation we had at lunch today because it made me laugh so hard! Most days Ryan gets to comes home for lunch. As we sat down to eat lunch and like everybody else we take turns saying the prayer.

Ryan: Who's turn is it to say the prayer?

Me: I believe it's Madi's turn. I said the prayer at breakfast, so I think it's your turn Madi.

Ryan: Ok, Madi will you say the prayer?

After a few moments Madi looks up at us while using her hands like paws and says, "But I can't say it....I am a dog! And dogs only say, RUFF!!"

This is a picture I found on the internet...cute huh? Looks like this dog can pray, I better show Madi that even dogs can pray!

9 comments:

Blake and Lara said...

hahaha! I love it! Kids say the funnest things, especially 3 year olds huh!

Just Only Me said...

Oh my goodness, what a smart girl! What a cutie. And it's true, they only say, "ruff!"

Jessica Adams said...

Ha! Ha! No really though I had a friend in highshcool and they really did teach their dog to pray! :)

The Suttons said...

That is so funny! They come up with the cutest things! Sadie and Tyson are always pretending to be dogs or cats, and that McKenna is their dogs.

Sandie said...

Gotta love all the cute things that come out of our kids mouths...
love the story.
sandie

Andrea said...

That's a good one.

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

I love how Madi has such a good imagination! If she doesn't grow up to be a farmer or a vet:)-I will be surprised LOL

Sarah and Adam said...

She is a very clever girl. Can't wait to see you tomorrow night!

Chelsie said...

That's pretty stinkin' cute! What a character!