September 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Nathaniel Keith Hodges!


Well folks, it is time once again for me, Ryan, to completely humiliate my other brother. Nathan is 11 months younger than me and, although inferior in most every way, he is a way better artist and musician!
When Nate was born in the little rural town of Blackfoot, Idaho, the doctors and medical staff had never seen any baby quite so cute. Above is a picture taken of him moments after he was born. Although the cuteness wore off at an alarming rate, he still has just about the same haircut and slightly less hair on the arms.


Nate and Sean show off their opposable thumbs (Nate's got opposable toes too.)

We learned very early on that Nate was the artist of the family. While Iwas drawing stick men and Sean was drooling all over himself, Nate was creating visual masterpieces. I'd like to take credit for his abilities, seeing as how without the constant daily abuse I wreaked upon him, he never would have turned within himself and found his hidden talent. They say that most artists are slightly disturbed. I like to think I had a hand in that. Here are a few of my favorites! This first one appears to be a self-portrait:

And here's a picture of Nate's legs on an oven mitt (?!?)

Another of our favorite things to do when we were youngsters was play with our piles of legos and create sweet spaceships or submarines. Whatever we were interested in we created with our legos. Of course, Nate would always build these amazing lego planes or ships that seriously could have been sold as real lego kits. I always ran over to Nate to show him what I had built with my legos, but when I saw what he had built, I would hide my below-par lego failure behind my back and take it back to the drawing board.


Nate got married back in 2004 to the greatest sister-in-law I could have ever hoped for! Erin is an amazing girl and is perfect for Nate. She even lets him play drums in the basement and rock out on his guitar and his bass. I hear that she can crank it out too!




What a cute couple! (Erin isn't really cross-eyed. She's beautiful. And Nate can do this cool trick with his eyes where they flicker back and forth super fast and it really trips you out.)

Nate is a fantastic brother. He is a blast to be around and so funny! I don't think I know many people that have a bigger heart or a greater amount of patience than him. He works very hard and is one of those people that doesn't really even have to try to excel at things. He is very sensitive to the needs of others. I can't believe that he's 29!

Here's to my bro Nate!

Hooray


Nate likes to carry flowers with him wherever he goes. Sean, on the other hand, is always the bride's maid, never the bride...

1 comment:

Cristi said...

Dude, the Hodges men are seriously so cool.