September 23, 2008

Family Pictures 2008

We got our family pictures back last weekend and I thought I would share some with you! I am sad to admit this, but it's been almost two years since we have gotten any kind of professional family pictures taken...to some of you that might not be a big deal, but being a scrapbooker I LOVE pictures, and being up to date on them. I just have a hard time with the whole process of taking them as it always turns into a struggle to get my kids to do what we want. I have been meaning to get some taken ever since Avery was born but kept putting it off for one reason or another. My excuses, "the girls both have colds", "Madi has a huge scratch mark on her face", "I am breaking out...again!" or my most common, "...my hair...!" So reluctantly, after all my excuses couldn't keep up any longer, I made THE call. Turns out there is a guy, Jared, from our ward that takes pictures and does an incredible job! Overall we are very pleased with the way they turned out. Of course I had a few concerns, (what mom doesn't?) One concern being that our girls were completely stoned-face throughout the entire session...you would have thought we were at a funeral...but what could we do?! We tried making them laugh by countless ways, followed by threatening them... And then of course, ended with the all too easy method of bribing them. Yeah. We tried all that...nothing worked. But seriously who was I kidding!? These are my kids we are talking about, part of their genes coming from my side of the gene pool, the Newman/Cherryholmes side, which anyone that has ever seen any of our Christmas family home videos, would have thought us kids were opening an overdue credit card bill rather then a super fun and exciting gift from Santa.(!!!) I kid you not. It's quite embarrassing and sad watching those home vidoes... wondering why me and my siblings were probably the only kids in the world that didn't get excited about Santa coming. (I am sorry mom and dad. I really don't know why we were all like that!?) But as they promised... "Someday you'll have a kid just like you!".... I now have two.
And the other and far lesser concern I had about the pictures were the earrings I had chosen to wear. (Such a girl thing to be worrying over, I know.) After the pictures, I kept saying, "Why did I wear such big 80's earrings? I know I am going to look back at these in 10- 20 years and be like what was I thinking?" Yet, after getting the pictures back the earrings weren't anything to be losing sleep over, as they were hardly showing in most pictures. So other then that, oh and my squinty eyes...haha, we are really happy with them! Jared did a great job and we totally recommend him to anyone that wants to get some pictures taken. So a BIG thanks goes to Jared!!!
Sorry for such a lengthy version of getting family pictures. For a much shorter and simpler version: We got family pictures taken. :)

One of my favorites

So we did get a glimpse of a smile here and there, but that's it...they still turned out cute I think.

Love this pic of Avery! Another favorite one!

10 comments:

RORYJEAN said...

Wow! You're family is so beautiful! You look like you should be in a gap commercial or something. And I love your blog- the layout is so cute!!!!

Ashlie said...

Those are so good, Christy! You llok gorgeous, you skinny little thing!

Pattie D said...

What were you worried about girl! These are gorgeous...I love them. The girls are darling and you are absolutely beautiful. Now for Ryan......Handsome as always...
The picture with the grain behind you, okay seriously made me cry, I miss those scene...not an Arizona thing at all, but we have cactus!
Thanks for sharing them with us.
love ya all and can't wait to see you
Love
MoMC

Blake and Lara said...

Oh my goodness Christy!! I love these pictures of your beautiful little family! I too am guilty of not getting pictures done! We are in desperate need of some family shots which I keep promising my extended family I will do. Here's to hoping I get some done soon. Yours are soooo cute!

The Suttons said...

Love the pictures!! Where were they taken at? You guys all look so good. I love the one of Avery and Maddy-way cute! We had ours done a couple of weeks ago but haven't gotten them yet. So cute!!

Joanna said...

Oh my gosh. Those pics look soooo good. Who did those? You guys look so awesome, especially you, Christy! You look like a model. I cannot believe how beautiful those pics are! Wow.

Anonymous said...

Christy what a gorgeous family-I love the pictures-they turned out so nice:)-I always think about getting family pictures and then next thing I know I am pregnant again-hopefully after this one we can get caught up :)-

The Lorenc Family said...

Wow! These are great!!!! I LOVE them!!!

Cristi said...

wow, these turned out FABULOUS! and I love your new blog look!

Chelsie said...

These are so Amazing! Your family is beautiful!