May 26, 2008

Just putting around...

This morning we all got up early and headed to the driving range. It was my first attempt at golfing...and what a sight that was! Balls flying through the air in every direction, people ducking all over nearly taking off their heads and some even running for their lives...ok maybe it wasn't quite as dramatic as that...but close. Ryan on the other hand was close to perfection beside from his bent arms and slicing some of the balls. He sure does have incredible power and after some more practice swings, I could see him on the green touring with the PGA.

Looking way too cool is Ryan and Dad

Ryan at bat...I mean...jk honey...I love you! No Ryan actually did really well, he just had a few mishaps...

"There she goes! OH and she misses...let's try it again...Oh she swings and misses again..."

"...third times a charm...Yay!! she nails it....bad form though I must say....but at least she hit it, right? I mean we can't all be Pros!"

Then there were the Pros who had prefect form....Dad, Wendy and Jerry. Who have been playing golf since the great depression....haha, jk! They are not that old! Love you guys! ;) They were all so nice to take time and teach me the correct form and stance to hit the ball. Eventually it paid off, because I had a few pretty good hits that went flying straight ahead! Ryan had several good hits, of course in between the good hits he managed to somehow break two golf clubs...yes, two! The head of one golf club went flying through the air and went as far as the ball itself!! How he did that I have no idea...(sorry about that again Jerry! We owe you a couple of golf clubs!) We all had a great time and I can't wait to get out there again and tear it up! haha...

The Pros...DadWendy
--Picture not shown of Jerry--

Madi had a few hits today as well! She had a great time playing with all the golf balls...I don't think she has ever seen that many balls in one place before!

Avery was also enjoying herself...eating crackers, crawling around and watching mommy make a fool out of herself, as she missed the golf ball over and over again... thank you Avery for not laughing at mommy...too much. ;)

What a way to end the game...Ryan and Dad showing off their golf skills...that's HOT!!!

3 comments:

The Moore Family said...

Looks like lots of fun!! (and it was before the rain hit!) Aaron and I have had some good times at the driving range as well! We definitely aren't ready for the PGA tour like Ryan,,,, but we are working on it! Ya know, they have an LPGA for ladies.....we should make that our goal! Anyways, cute photos! Later

Cristi said...

They really do look cool! Those Hodges men are awesome.

The Lorenc Family said...

Cool! Brady keeps telling me we should go golfing together some time. I keep telling him it would be too expensive for the sitter because it will take me a long LONG time to hit that little thing over 9 holes. I am getting tired just thinking about it!

Madi and Avery will probably be pros by the time they are five if you keep taking them. Watch out Tiger woods!