April 7, 2008

Home Sweet Home

The Living Room and Front DoorThe girl's room- the attic


Our Bedroom
Kitchen



Play Room

Craft Room-still unpacked! Ryan and I feel extremely grateful to our Heavenly Father for all the many blessings in our lives! We have wonderful parents and an amazing family! We are blessed with two little girls and have such great friends who we love and we cherish their friendships. We also feel so grateful to have a home to call home for the next few years while Ryan finishes his schooling. We are just renting, but we feel just really blessed and grateful to have a yard for our girls to play outside and a craft room where I can make things and do things I love to do! This whole experience of getting this home has been a humbling one. Ryan and I had been praying to be able to find a home that would help all of us in different ways. I prayed that we could find a house we could afford, that was decent and that had a yard so Madi could continue to grow and learn. We felt that Madisen really needed this for her to come out of her shell and be not afraid to try new things. It has been hard as parents to see her not develop in ways that other children her age were; we so desperately wanted a yard for her and a place where she could feel at home too. This might sound a little selfish but I also asked for a house where I could have my own craft room so I could expand my talents and have a quite room to myself as well. I felt like this would help me be a better mom if I could have my time to unwind by doing one of things I love most, crafts! After a few months, and many prayers, Ryan and I gave up on the idea of getting a home. Not even two weeks later, we heard about this home, went to check it out and it was perfect for us! I realized then that I just didn’t have enough faith that we could deserve something like that. I am not saying that everything we pray for we get, because that is not the case, but I have always known that Heavenly Father watches out for me and he knows my heart and my desires. He knows me better than I do, and he knows what is best for me. Sometimes it’s not always easy to go through some of the things we go through, but I do know that our Heavenly Father knows us and loves us and I feel that He really knew how bad I needed a home and a yard. I am humble and grateful for all my many blessings and I know that everything I have comes from Him.

4 comments:

Cristi said...

We had a similar experience with the house we're living in now. I was having a hard time with apartment living and I said a prayer and I told Heavenly Father that I know he can provide for us a nice home we would enjoy with a yard to help us while Alan is in school. Several months later when our lease was up, we found one. Many people were looking at it, but we were the ones that got it. We were so thankful and we have been SOOO happy here.
And I love the way you've decorated your bed room. And I'm so glad you have a craft room and I wish I could come over and scrap book with you!

The Moore Family said...

Christy- I'm so glad you have a blog!! I love reading it! You are so uplifting. Your house is sooo cute, can't wait to see it! (hint hint j/k!) I'm so happy for you guys! Great things happen to great people!

Just Only Me said...

Your house is just darling! You have such an eye for knick-knacking and decorating. I am so jealous that your house matches! Love the pictures of the girlies, their room, your room and to hear the story of how your life has been blessed. I'm so glad that things are going well and that you're doing so well. Get settled quickly and enjoy life. Your house has got to be such a blast!

Christy said...

Thanks everyone!! When writing this it wasn't at all hard to express how I felt, but I wasn't sure if it came out right...so thank you!