March 26, 2008

Easter

Easter is one of my favorite times of the year. I know that Jesus Christ died for me and for all of us, that we might have a way to return back and live with him again. He gave his life for me, a sinner, but by his teachings I learn how to be like Him. I am forever grateful for His Atonement, that I can be forgiven of my sins, and live as how he would want me to live, and be resurrected some day to live with Him again. I know that He lives.





However, the Easter bunny and his eggs, came a few days late this year for the Hodges... We had gone up to my parents house in Rexburg and planned a nice Easter dinner and Easter egg hunt for Madi. Yet, it didn't work out totally like we planned...does it ever?? We still had a nice Easter dinner that my mom prepared for us, with all of us kids chipping in some to make it a nice evening as a family, but the egg hunt never happened. Madi was really sick for one. (Notice the red mark on her face, that was the result of wiping her nose and spreading it across her face...gave her a rash). The other reason is we woke up too late to do it before church, and during our easter dinner, (which was SO good! thanks mom!) Madi fell asleep while eating her food. It was really funny...poor thing, she was so tired! So we never got to do an egg hunt with the whole family. Oh well, there is always next year! Here are a few pictures of the night before Easter, dying some eggs with Madi. She at least enjoyed that...so Ryan and I are not total slackers, right?










Madi and her Eggs! We did an egg hunt when we got home two days later when Madi was feeling better...

No comments: